Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

This is perhaps my second post. I did do a search on the forum but I found nothing specific in bringing the sub back online after installing an after-market radio.

My FJ has the FJammer and Sub w/ sub switch built in. I also have the steering wheel controls as well.

I used a metra harness which has only 2 out of the 3 interfaces. Im guessing the sub wires are through that 3rd harness along with the steering wheel controls. Is this correct?

Is there a harness out there to incorporate all the functions of my system with Steering wheel and sub also?

Thanks in advance!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump.

no one eh?

I think I rather just pull my pioneer out and put the FJammer back in for sound quality, I can just throw my stupid tomtom gps on the dash somewhere.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I try swapping the amp turn on wire with power antenna wire to the after market harness.
PAC audio make a pioneer/sony specific steering control harness.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah... actually Metra makes the Steering wheel interface and the proper harness so you dont need to splice into your steering wheel wires.

Im going to buy it and see how it goes.

What Im really concerned about though is... who sells 2" tweeters or even 2" speakers if I want to upgrade them.

I have the 9-speaker setup with the little subwoofer button.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ADMIN/MODS: You can close this thread.

I figured it out to get it to work.

For anyone else with the same issue:

My issue was that I traded in my Tacoma for this FJ. So I used the same exact harness from my Tacoma and transfered them into the FJ. And my Tacoma had after-market amps that I setup ( JL 1000/1 and a JL 450/4). So the blue/white lead for remote amp wire was just hanging out and not joined up with the aftermarket's remote amp wire turn on.

Sure enough, connect the two and we are back in business.

:wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.