Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the UCA for my truck quite some time ago. The spherical ball joint is worn out and needs replacing. I see on the site that there are replacements available. But I notice the UCAs are now a slightly different design. It also states " Now featuring a top quality, teflon-lined 1.25" uni-ball... "

Does this mean it's different than the original UCA's or will the replacement uni-ball work on the original ones as well as the slightly different newer ones?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Why don't you guys just give them a call and get a answer right away.
951-658-7077:)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because my phone isn't set up for long distance international phone calls. Why would I pay 5 or 10 bux just to be put on hold?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm in Germany...so my dealings with most companies are via email due to the time difference. Why have an technical/sales email listing if a company isn't going to use it?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I purchased the UCA for my truck quite some time ago. The spherical ball joint is worn out and needs replacing. I see on the site that there are replacements available. But I notice the UCAs are now a slightly different design. It also states " Now featuring a top quality, teflon-lined 1.25" uni-ball... "

Does this mean it's different than the original UCA's or will the replacement uni-ball work on the original ones as well as the slightly different newer ones?
We carry both the 1" and 1.25" uniballs. If you have black UCAs then they are likely the 1" size, if you have silver arms they should be the newer 1.25". The 1" are still used in our 95-04 Tacoma UCAs.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We carry both the 1" and 1.25" uniballs. If you have black UCAs then they are likely the 1" size, if you have silver arms they should be the newer 1.25". The 1" are still used in our 95-04 Tacoma UCAs.
Ok, thanx. I'm glad I noticed that difference before I ordered replacement uniballs. That would have sucked to take the truck apart and realize they are the wrong ones. Maybe a small note on the website could be an idea for other FJC owners with older UCA's.

So, just to clarify, if I have the black UCA's, (which I do), I order the 1" uniball for a 95-04 Tacoma? Is there a way to double check without dissassembling the uniball? Shipping and brokerage fees are a PITA, when I get the wrong parts. ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts