Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone has replaced a light in an E1 rear bumper WITHOUT removing the bumper. Is it even possible? One of my rear lights has failed and I really don't want to pull the bumper in order to replace it. It looks like it will be challenging to get a wrench in there to even remove the light, but perhaps I'm missing something obvious. Any suggestions would be most welcome (even if the conclusion is that I need to remove the bumper).

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
yeah, I think the bumper needs to come off. If I face this issue down the road, I may drill an access hole for a deep well socket directly under the mounting bolt (assuming it is a straight shot, cant remember the internal shape very well...)

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I face this issue down the road, I may drill an access hole for a deep well socket directly under the mounting bolt (assuming it is a straight shot, cant remember the internal shape very well...)
That's a good idea. I'll check it out in the weekend. If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to suck it up and remove the bumper (perhaps after the other light fails)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts