Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to order the Trail Team Mirrors and Door Handles (thanks to family) and will have them in my possession next weekend. Is there any info on removing and installing the mirrors and/or door handles? Tried searching, but haven't been able to find anything.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Really? There are multiple threads on replacing both - it's not difficult. I did the door handles in 15 minutes and I plan to paint my mirrors when I get a clear, rain-free weekend. You need to remove the door skins to get to the mirror bolts, but the door handles are simplicity itself - just search forum for "Black Door Handles".

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? There are multiple threads on replacing both - it's not difficult. I did the door handles in 15 minutes and I plan to paint my mirrors when I get a clear, rain-free weekend. You need to remove the door skins to get to the mirror bolts, but the door handles are simplicity itself - just search forum for "Black Door Handles".
i will try that. i didn't try searching for that so maybe i will get better results. not really worried about the door handles, but not sure about the mirrors. i know i will need to remove the door panel and i sure it might be straight forward just doesn't hurt to find a visual aid.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Search here can be tricky - you have to sometimes do an Advanced Search, then specify JUST THIS FORUM for some reason. I had the exact same issue trying to find a tail-light guard thread earlier today. :)

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Any last minute recommendations on removing the door panels and replacing the mirrors?
Yes: do it! ;)

Actually, when you are replacing the inner door panels, be absolutely sure your door lock cables are connected.
I had to take my door apart because I was stuck inside; I couldn't unlock the truck from the inside!

Other than that, take before and after pics for yourself. Make sure to bring them out at family gatherings.
Put them in a book, even. People LOVE that kind of stuff! :rofl:

M

·
Registered
630 Posts
How much did the Trail Team door handles and mirrors cost??

I know to paint mine (VERY easy to do) I spent......I dunno?......$15???

You have to take your stock parts off anyway, so, why not just paint them?

Oh well, too late now. You will enjoy the new look for sure! (now all you have to do is buy a Trail Teams front bezel, haha)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Thanks for the informative post... I'm probly going to attempt this but with the Tundra handles

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks for the informative post... I'm probly going to attempt this but with the Tundra handles

The FJ's door handles literally can be taken off in less than a minute! Painting them takes 10 minutes! Save your money! (or go with thew Tundra handles):cheers:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much did the Trail Team door handles and mirrors cost??

I know to paint mine (VERY easy to do) I spent......I dunno?......$15???

You have to take your stock parts off anyway, so, why not just paint them?

Oh well, too late now. You will enjoy the new look for sure! (now all you have to do is buy a Trail Teams front bezel, haha)
The FJ's door handles literally can be taken off in less than a minute! Painting them takes 10 minutes! Save your money! (or go with thew Tundra handles):cheers:
The mirrors cost me $265 for both, door handles were $155 and the grill was $130 and now i don't have the worry of scratches and having to refinish anything after going on trails. as far as painting taking 10 mins, it doesn't take 10 mins if you want it done right. you would be looking at the minimum of a full day with perfect weather for the paint to cure properly. i also have parts that are limited to those who have an inside source until they get released to the public.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts