Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey FJ Fam,

Original 2008 FJ owner here, replacing my Nittos as they are dry rotting after 5 years, LOL, still looking to break 90K. Been a while, so I thought I'd ask the community if there are better options out there in this size since these didn't require a body chop and look great with the current lift. I'm leaning towards ordering the same set again.
Buy Tires Online | TireBuyer.com
Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle

Thanks for the suggestions in advance,
Todd

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
10,271 Posts
If they check all your boxes then a new set sounds like a good plan!

There are a lot of nice MT tires out there to choose from, especially in that size. Many will recommend all sorts of different ones.

My only insight is that those are a very true MT....just thick, flat tread blocks. If you need any better snow or wet capabilites could look into something with some sipes. I chose the Yokohama G003 for that reason....and they look amazing.

Could also consider weight. The Trail Grap in a C-load is still 67lbs. The Yoko in comparison in a E-load is only 59 lbs. That you might feel in the acceleration / butt-dyno.

·
Premium Member
10,503 Posts
I ran a set of these for 9 years before I needed to replace due to dry rot. They were a tad bit louder than my current Toyo MT/3 Open Country's. These have a better highway feel, IMHO. Not a bad word about those TG's, though.

Reactions: ripsin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they check all your boxes then a new set sounds like a good plan!

There are a lot of nice MT tires out there to choose from, especially in that size. Many will recommend all sorts of different ones.

My only insight is that those are a very true MT....just thick, flat tread blocks. If you need any better snow or wet capabilites could look into something with some sipes. I chose the Yokohama G003 for that reason....and they look amazing.

Could also consider weight. The Trail Grap in a C-load is still 67lbs. The Yoko in comparison in a E-load is only 59 lbs. That you might feel in the acceleration / butt-dyno.
Adam, thanks! I've not had anything bad to say about these TG's and ironically the Yokos caught my eye. Appreciate the insight and I may just run the Yokos for the next 5 or so years for a change of look and the mention of performance in the rain/wet. Here in the Charleston area I can definitely appreciate that comment. Will share a pic when she gets new shoes ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Such a close comparison, probably going to see how the Yokos work out but they are really two great tires. Here's a great vid comparing the two for those who may be contemplating the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts