Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 'RR Diff Lock' backlight finally bit the dust. I went to the Toyota dealership and ordered the bulb; part number: 90010-01083 (fits all years of the FJ). Below are pictures showing step-by-step instructions on how to remove the panel button (literally pops right out), then use a flat head to simply remove the bulb and replace. It takes less than 2 minutes to complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Do all years have light up switches? My '07 hasn't lit up since I owned it.:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine's a 2007 as well; the 1st gen. Your switches should light up. The only light of mine that doesn't like up is the parking assist unless it's engaged. Post a pic of your panel and we can use this thread to troubleshoot!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do all years have light up switches? My '07 hasn't lit up since I owned it.:confused:
Also, you should pop your switches out to see if the light bulb was even installed. Crazy thing is, I bought mine brand new when they first came out and when I was installing fog lights on the front the other day I noticed that I had a wiring harness for the factory fog lights. I was totally unaware of this as I was installing my new harness. After seeing a lot of different posts it looks like Toyota may have left a few things out of vehicles for no reason...

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
I have an 07 and cant really say I`ve ever noticed if they light up or not.....and I`ve had my FJ about 11 years now. I`m gonna have to take a look at them tomorrow just for fun :)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I'm gonna check it out right now... I've owned two '07's and only remember the park assist lighting up.... Let me get my boots on and a penknife.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Ahhh, Yea I'm an idiot. They light up, always have lit up. I was thinking they should light up when switched on. No they just light up when you turn the dash lights on. Duh! I am curious as to how they light up though. The bulbs don't appear to have contacts. I didn't have much light so I couldn't see very well. The sub woofer has a blank where the bulb should be. I wonder if I installed a bulb if it'd light up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure about the subwoofer but each light have very small contacts as if they were paperclips. Let me know if you take one off of one and put it on there because that'd be useful!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I think it's a no go on simply adding a bulb to the sub woofer switch. It doesn't appear to light up. It's bright out and hard to see but I'm pretty sure it's not lit.

·
Registered
464 Posts
All the stock switches have a backlight connected to the dimmer circuit. Additionally some switches (parking assist, aux lights) have a small window (see parking assist lower right in first picture) for a second lamp that if wired correctly will light when the switch is on. The lamps are all the same size but are available in different colors. Clear and green and I think red is also available.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
All the stock switches have a backlight connected to the dimmer circuit. Additionally some switches (parking assist, aux lights) have a small window (see parking assist lower right in first picture) for a second lamp that if wired correctly will light when the switch is on. The lamps are all the same size but are available in different colors. Clear and green and I think red is also available.
Any idea what the part number is for green?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yep.... The sub woofer doesn't light up. Tried a bulb in it, that switch must not have contacts in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts