Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 'RR Diff Lock' backlight finally bit the dust. I went to the Toyota dealership and ordered the bulb; part number: 90010-01083 (fits all years of the FJ). Below are pictures showing step-by-step instructions on how to remove the panel button (literally pops right out), then use a flat head to simply remove the bulb and replace. It takes less than 2 minutes to complete.

Attachments

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine's a 2007 as well; the 1st gen. Your switches should light up. The only light of mine that doesn't like up is the parking assist unless it's engaged. Post a pic of your panel and we can use this thread to troubleshoot!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do all years have light up switches? My '07 hasn't lit up since I owned it.:confused:
Also, you should pop your switches out to see if the light bulb was even installed. Crazy thing is, I bought mine brand new when they first came out and when I was installing fog lights on the front the other day I noticed that I had a wiring harness for the factory fog lights. I was totally unaware of this as I was installing my new harness. After seeing a lot of different posts it looks like Toyota may have left a few things out of vehicles for no reason...

· Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I have an 07 and cant really say I`ve ever noticed if they light up or not.....and I`ve had my FJ about 11 years now. I`m gonna have to take a look at them tomorrow just for fun :)

· Registered
4,092 Posts
Ahhh, Yea I'm an idiot. They light up, always have lit up. I was thinking they should light up when switched on. No they just light up when you turn the dash lights on. Duh! I am curious as to how they light up though. The bulbs don't appear to have contacts. I didn't have much light so I couldn't see very well. The sub woofer has a blank where the bulb should be. I wonder if I installed a bulb if it'd light up?

· Registered
4,092 Posts
I think it's a no go on simply adding a bulb to the sub woofer switch. It doesn't appear to light up. It's bright out and hard to see but I'm pretty sure it's not lit.

· Registered
510 Posts
All the stock switches have a backlight connected to the dimmer circuit. Additionally some switches (parking assist, aux lights) have a small window (see parking assist lower right in first picture) for a second lamp that if wired correctly will light when the switch is on. The lamps are all the same size but are available in different colors. Clear and green and I think red is also available.

· Registered
2,671 Posts
All the stock switches have a backlight connected to the dimmer circuit. Additionally some switches (parking assist, aux lights) have a small window (see parking assist lower right in first picture) for a second lamp that if wired correctly will light when the switch is on. The lamps are all the same size but are available in different colors. Clear and green and I think red is also available.
Any idea what the part number is for green?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.