Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was involved some time ago with the launch of a knowledge sharing network, 60,000 users across some 140 countries. At the beginning we used something like an airline mileage point system to quick start the community. People would get a point for each contribution to a forum, more if they contributed an article, presentation, or some other chunk of knowledge. On top of that, users could give other users brownie points if they thought something contributed was especially useful. As people built up their point banks they could get various incentives. Without incentives what's the point other than for bragging rights?

Point systems are useful for kick-starting a community to get them to contribute. Frankly I find the spontaneity of the people in FJCruiserforums envigorating. There is some really good knowledge being shared here. I like how problems are being worked to solutions, such as the mod for ATRAC with rear-lockers.

(Badges! We don't need no stinkin' badges!)

·
Banned
2,637 Posts
All it is is a popularity contest and/or a way to be vindictive. It really doesn't mean anything. I've been zinged several times because I was sarcastic or by a newb who didn't understand my twisted sense of humor.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I went to CP and there is nothing at the bottom. Maybe I have no points (good or bad)

mic check, check, check... has this thing even been on for the past couple of months?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
And what is up with the 1 referral I have. Are referrals good or bad? Can I tell what posts I got it on? I'm so confused...:lookaround:

Reactions: missmy60

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
chrsmall said:
And what is up with the 1 referral I have. Are referrals good or bad? Can I tell what posts I got it on? I'm so confused...:lookaround:
I just gave you a rep. point. I dont have any idea how you would find it.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
missmy60 said:
I just gave you a rep. point. I dont have any idea how you would find it.
I totally just conned you in to giving me a point! HAHA...

jk.. thanks for the point. Now someone tell me how to see this glorious testament to my vast and perhaps inhuman amount of knowledge...:cowtounge:

EDIT: It worked! Woohoo! Missmy60... I threw one back at you. Click UserCP at the top and you will see the point on your Control Panel page.

Thanks MissFJ... i apologize for ever doubting you!

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
chrsmall said:
I totally just conned you in to giving me a point! HAHA...

jk.. thanks for the point. Now someone tell me how to see this glorious testament to my vast and perhaps inhuman amount of knowledge...:cowtounge:

EDIT: It worked! Woohoo! Missmy60... I threw one back at you. Click UserCP at the top and you will see the point on your Control Panel page.

Thanks MissFJ... i apologize for ever doubting you!
HA! Well, it only shows the 5 most recent ones....If you ever get that many ;)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
MissFJ said:
HA! Well, it only shows the 5 most recent ones....If you ever get that many ;)

ooohoohohooo. You have quite a sharp tounge. It says I have 11 but i can only see the last one....

Explain that Madam! :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
chrsmall said:
ooohoohohooo. You have quite a sharp tounge. It says I have 11 but i can only see the last one....

Explain that Madam! :cool:
You start with 10 as a freebie (I said that in the beginning ;))

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You said earlier -- "As a mod, I'm not concerned with your point count. I will say that the last guy I banned was well on his way to having 0 points (you start with 10)"

damnit, I saw that right after I entered my last post...

you have made me the fool MissFJ. I thank you for humbling me!

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Rep Points don't do Much... But what they Are doing, at least for me, is Making me Feel Luved !!!!

So... I have been spreading Points where they are deserved to help others feel all warm and fuzzy too !!! :p

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Trader098 said:
All you need is love.

John Lennon. Smart man.

Shot in the back, very sad.
"Independence Day"... :lol:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts