Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

so a little while ago i had to transport a huge chunk of furniture in my fj. after dropping the back seats, there wasn't enough room for me and 2 passengers, so i squeezed us 3 into the front seat for the remainder of the drive.

following this my diver's airbag light came on and my passengers airbag light says its off too. after reading a ton of posts i think the issue is that i just exceed the weight capacity on the seats. correct me if i'm wrong please.

it also seems like the solution is to simply re-calibrate this to turn off these lights. my issue is that i don't know how to do this and i'd really like to avoid getting robbed by the dealer.

Do anyone know how to turn them off?

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey,

so a little while ago i had to transport a huge chunk of furniture in my fj. after dropping the back seats, there wasn't enough room for me and 2 passengers, so i squeezed us 3 into the front seat for the remainder of the drive.

following this my diver's airbag light came on and my passengers airbag light says its off too. after reading a ton of posts i think the issue is that i just exceed the weight capacity on the seats. correct me if i'm wrong please.

it also seems like the solution is to simply re-calibrate this to turn off these lights. my issue is that i don't know how to do this and i'd really like to avoid getting robbed by the dealer.

Do anyone know how to turn them off?

Thanks
Robert

I had the same issue when a heavy set, heavily intoxicated friend was bouncing around in the passenger seat. I have no time to get to a dealership for this, any idea's guys? I've pulled the pos off the battery, stepped on the brake etc, no help. I haven't tried pulling the fuse yet though.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Zero point calibration of the occupant classification ecu.

I normally only charge 0.5hrs to do it. so roughly 50 bucks. (if they already know what it is)

if it comes in for just an airbag light, I charge 1.0hr to diag. and the zero point would be included in that hour, IF thats what the issue was.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'd like to bring this thread back since I just had to do this myself after wheeling.
I borrowed a friends Snap-on Solus to do it myself in... wait for it... less than 2 minutes.
That included the zero point calibration and clearing the codes.

However, the Solus is a $4,000 diagnostic tool.
I found the Innova SRS tools and while they clear codes it is not clear if they can do the calibration.

Does anyone know of a tool or software that allows us to DIY this without cashing out $4,000 for a Solus?

On my old BMW, I used to have the factory software and code/flash modules for people.
Something must exist like that for our FJ's.

·
Registered
270 Posts
No equipment needed for this. It can be done by shorting the pins on the OBDII connector.
I heard that it was a pain in the but since the frequency of short intervals had to be exact.

But that may be a much better option, until other maintenance comes up at least. It's nice to be able to electronically bleed your brakes by yourself :D

Having trouble finding the method. Can you link me? I could have sworn I read about it when looking for info in my own situation.
Thanks man!

·
Banned
9,079 Posts
Thanks Brian! Shoot me a PM or post in here if you don't mind.
I see this happening frequently haha
File type is xps and size is too big to attach here :( And I'm messing with Win 8.1 so I don't have any of my regular apps/utilities to convert. PM me your email and I'll send then perhaps you can tweak and repost?

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
It may not work on your year, but I can disable the chime on the passenger bag by pressing the button on the odometer so it says "ODO", them with ignition turned "on", hold the odometer reset button the entire time while turning the key off, then immediately back on. Keep holding the button until the bars on the screen disappear one by one. Maybe this resets it too?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 28 Posts