Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Resz Fabrication has a great reputation for the quality of it's products, so I decided to take advantage of the Thanksgiving sale and order new rear links. Mike Boresz confirmed via PM that I could have the links powder-coated silver instead of black, so I requested that color. 6 weeks later, Mike emails me and says I am next on the list for parts to be shipped out, but he mistakenly made me a black set of links. He stated he could have a silver set ready in 2 weeks, so I said I was OK waiting. A month later, I get an email stating my order has been completed and shipped. 1 week later and Fed Ex still has no record of receiving my package. Mike does some digging and realizes he made a label but forgot to ship the package. He was very nice in his emails. 1 week later, Fed Ex drops off my package from Resz. I open it up to find a beefy set of links...powder coated black. At this stage I just have to laugh and put the links on. This guy obviously knows how to weld, but I'm not so sure if I'm going to do business with him again. Maybe he is just going through growing pains with his business. Hopefully, everything works out well for him.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Last year I took advantage of the sale as well and never got anything. Got the same bs emails and what not. After almost 4 months I got tired and request a refund.

He said we would refund the order in full and never did.

I finally got tired of waiting for a refund after about 2 weeks and had to do a charge back on my Amex.

I didn't really wanna go that route but I thought I had giving him plenty of time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be sticking with the more established vendors from now on for larger purchases. Placed another order with All-Pro recently and received great service and prompt shipping on my armor purchase. AP and Metal Tech are my "go to" companies.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I ordered a bumper during the black friday sale and haven't heard a thing about the order yet. I don't mind waiting for quality but I like to know that I'm not forgotten. I see that now he is doing a slider pre-order and I'm worried he's going to spend time on them instead of working through the Black Friday backlog.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, he never bothered to reply to me when I told him he shipped the wrong color, so I'm not going to send him any more business. Hopefully everything works out well for him.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Resz Fabrication has a great reputation for the quality of it's products, so I decided to take advantage of the Thanksgiving sale and order new rear links. Mike Boresz confirmed via PM that I could have the links powder-coated silver instead of black, so I requested that color. 6 weeks later, Mike emails me and says I am next on the list for parts to be shipped out, but he mistakenly made me a black set of links. He stated he could have a silver set ready in 2 weeks, so I said I was OK waiting. A month later, I get an email stating my order has been completed and shipped. 1 week later and Fed Ex still has no record of receiving my package. Mike does some digging and realizes he made a label but forgot to ship the package. He was very nice in his emails. 1 week later, Fed Ex drops off my package from Resz. I open it up to find a beefy set of links...powder coated black. At this stage I just have to laugh and put the links on. This guy obviously knows how to weld, but I'm not so sure if I'm going to do business with him again. Maybe he is just going through growing pains with his business. Hopefully, everything works out well for him.
I'm really sorry about the mix up.. I had a spreadsheet I put together from all the Black Friday sales that I was referencing that had the sales broken down into several different sheets. One sheet had links, one had bumpers, mounts, etc... That was the main list I was using when building parts and figuring out what needed to be powder coated and what didn't. I had yours set to black on the list but never changed it to silver. THEN I got the email or PM about how you wanted to change it to Red instead of the silver so I made an extra set of links red. Someone else changed theirs from black to red too, so I believe they ended up with your red links. When it came time to ship yours out I saw "black" on the invoice and sent out black. Needless to say it was an organization problem on my end. I managed to get the PC wrong for 2 other pairs too from that large batch. Fortunately I caught it before they went out and fixed it. Again, I'm sorry for the screw up.

Dec 1st we had right around 120 orders. NOTHING i had expected. We were buried!! When I say "we" I mean "I". I hired a part time guy that helps out in the evenings a few nights a week, but it's still primarily myself doing everything. It can be VERY overwhelming at times and I make mistakes. That goes for trying to keep up with all forms of communication as well. I know emails, phone calls, PMs, posts, comments, forums, Instagram comments, DM's and whatever else I missed can slip by at times and I certainly don't do it intentionally. I may look at a post or PM in between welds or packing orders and tell myself I'll get back to them in a bit, then I get distracted with something else and completely forget or it gets buried under new messages and/or emails. I still do my best to get back to people eventually, even if it takes several days.

The plan is to get a shop in the next few months so I can become more organized and knock out orders faster. Right now I'm still doing everything out of my 2 car garage and basement. I'm also planning to hire on a full time guy once that happens. I'm trying to come up with a few new products while busting out orders so when the time comes to move and hire on a new guy, we stay busy and keep the new guy employed and keep the shop open.

Again, I apologize for the mix-ups and/or lack of communication I may have had with you or any other customer of RESZ Fabrication. I really do appreciate all the support and tremendous amount of patience everyone has. Without the FJ community, RESZ Fabrication wouldn't exist and certainly not be expanding at the rate it is.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Again, I apologize for the mix-ups and/or lack of communication I may have had with you or any other customer of RESZ Fabrication. I really do appreciate all the support and tremendous amount of patience everyone has. Without the FJ community, RESZ Fabrication wouldn't exist and certainly not be expanding at the rate it is.
Mike, thank you so much for the response. Would it be possible if you could post a thread with existing open order #'s and eta completion dates please? If it's difficult to post eta dates, can you maybe make it a list of where orders are in a queue? I know a lot of us Black Friday order peeps are getting anxious... in a good way.

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THEN I got the email or PM about how you wanted to change it to Red instead of the silver so I made an extra set of links red.

Yup, my email re. Red was in response to yours asking me what color I wanted after you advised you made me the wrong color. You didn't reply to that email either. Either way, it's a done deal. The links are well made and I'm glad I have them. Hope your business continues to develop and grow successfully.

·
Registered
903 Posts
The plan is to get a shop in the next few months so I can become more organized and knock out orders faster.
Is that saying that you will get a shop in a few months and then it will be several more months after that before we receive our orders?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mike, thank you so much for the response. Would it be possible if you could post a thread with existing open order #'s and eta completion dates please? If it's difficult to post eta dates, can you maybe make it a list of where orders are in a queue? I know a lot of us Black Friday order peeps are getting anxious... in a good way.

Thanks!
John
Hey John,

I'll try to find some time this weekend to put together a list.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike, you're a heck of a fabricator and you design awesome stuff. I was only frustrated with the process, because the product is outstanding. Sometimes I need critical feedback to tighten my game up at work. Hopefully, your plan to organize and grow is successful. Thanks for getting on this board and communicating with folks. A little feedback can go a long way. Best regards.

Jeff

·
Registered
903 Posts
Mike, you're a heck of a fabricator and you design awesome stuff. I was only frustrated with the process, because the product is outstanding. Sometimes I need critical feedback to tighten my game up at work. Hopefully, your plan to organize and grow is successful. Thanks for getting on this board and communicating with folks. A little feedback can go a long way. Best regards.

Jeff
This.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,346 Posts
Back in the day I ordered an Aluminum Lucrum winch plate. After several emails and I think 2months or so I decided to cancel the order. Patients is a virtue

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I have no meat on the grill here.

I think this is a good wake up call for Mike and hope others that want to sell, make, vendor items. I went through this with a different bumper maker with a excellent reputation for quality. Worked out what I wanted and the cost, eta on finished product, sent him the money up front (of course). Small note here, sending somebody I do not know a couple of grand is already outside my comfort zone as I would bet is the same for a lot of you.

Time goes on and I HERE nothing, try and try to contact using all the methods,
we do connect and "it should only be a couple more weeks" after another month, do it all again. I'm worried, this is alot of money to me, and not something I do that often, (I tend to hoard it for a emergency).

Cut to end. I have a beauty of a bumper (front) that is well built still sitting on the shop floor waiting to be put on!! Had a good talk with the owner and would buy from him again!

Guys, what I'm trying to get across is COMMUNICATION is key, talk, text,e-mail, something to the people sending you money based on the opinions of a group of people on a forums and the fact that you are a supporting vendor. We can understand that you are busy and overwhelmed if you tell us, but if you don't, you may not have that problem for long.

Will I buy from Mike someday? More then likely, cause he does make something I want. Because of this I watch the threads that involve RESFAB closely, and wait to see how things work out and are handled.

IMHO

·
Registered
885 Posts
FWIW, I was a Black Friday order person and I did receive my bumper today. It was definitely an exercise in patience to finally have it in my hands. Now that I have it though, I can tell you that the quality is everything that owners' claim it to be and it still remains my favorite design out there. Mike can lay a bead for sure!

I guess my takeaway from this all is that if you ordered a bumper and are frustrated with the timing, it WILL BE WORTH IT when you receive it. I say "when" because I know that Mike is working hard and will eventually catch up. The company is not going away and your money is not in jeopardy of being lost. The product is just too damn good and the demand will be there if he keeps turning out steel like this.

I 100% believe that Mike will overcome these growing pains and RESZ Fab will be a household name in the FJ community in the years to come.

In all sincerity, if people whom are still waiting for their bumpers are reading this grinding their teeth at the positive words I am saying about Mike and the business because it doesn't seem like your time will come for product in hand please remain optimistic. I was with you playing the waiting game for the last 4 months and I almost threw in the towel on a few occasions, but I am glad that did not.

** I ordered mine bare steel, that's just a little surface rust... not damage **

John

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts