Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
6 months from now when they're finally sent out... They'll be great. My sliders: 6.75months, f skid: 5 months, trans skid: 7.5 months, radflo lift: still waiting 3.5 months later. And he didn't even have to build that. Parts ordered from 2 places, shove in box together, send. 3-4 weeks tops. WTF. And I really want to get the rear link kit, but I don't have the strength to detain myself any longer.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
On that note, Reszfab is having a sale. 19% off with coupon code COVID-19 (On the top banner on the website).

Too bad I'd already ordered. Submitted a ticket but I'm not hopeful.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ordered rear lower control links last week of Dec and nothing yet. I tried to check on status of order and did not hear back! Any suggestions on what to do?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ordered rear lower control links last week of Dec and nothing yet. I tried to check on status of order and did not hear back! Any suggestions on what to do?
Just sit back and enjoy the wait. Typically takes 6 months for links. Some of us ordered in Oct/Nov and are still waiting for them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just sit back and enjoy the wait. Typically takes 6 months for links. Some of us ordered in Oct/Nov and are still waiting for them.
Wow! This is longer than I thought it would be. I tried to sign on website and see if I can check order and it did not recognize my email and I did not keep any confirmation (not sure if I got one?) so I was a little worried my order did not go though but on the other hand my credit card was charged. I guess I just hang in there and wait, I hope to go to Moab in July so hopefully I will have before then?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Skids ordered August of 2019. Have yet to see them and absolutely zero communication. Wanted to order rear links but scared to drop/loose any more money. Don't mind waiting for good stuff but it's getting ridiculous with no communication. I run my own small business sends I'm trying you Mike, communicate to your clients. Please get your ass in gear and at least send a general email update to people who have paid you money. I realize you are not Amazon but help out your supporters!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Go with EX1, f these communication issues.
They don't make rear links or some of the other products Resz offers.
And to be fair, EXP1 may land closer to par with estimated delivery times but I know more than a few people still waiting on promised accessory mounting options for a $1400 roof rack that was put into production 2 years ago.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
They don't make rear links or some of the other products Resz offers.
And to be fair, EXP1 may land closer to par with estimated delivery times but I know more than a few people still waiting on promised accessory mounting options for a $1400 roof rack that was put into production 2 years ago.
Metal Tech and Exp 1 are my go to companies. MT has always delivered excellent products matched by their service. My Exp 1 roofrack is also great quality and was delivered promptly. I'd be upset about not having specific mounting hardware for it if it had been promised and subsequently paid for.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
You guys are really too 'lax on these companies. The custom fabrication area doesn't really get this much slack in my opinion. And in most cases, most only get paid 50% up front and remainder upon shipment. I hate to see/say this but taking on a heap of new orders when you're not caught up is not a good business model. Many customers of the offroad industry get f'd this way and if not now, it can and possibly will happen. I know you want to only speak good things about a supporter of the community but I can show you ten companies that are fabrication shops doing the same caliber of work (better track record of supply), they simply do not take this long. Rally up and take names of orders that he needs to complete because it's simply not okay to take people's money and new projects with many unresolved orders.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Skids ordered August of 2019. Have yet to see them and absolutely zero communication. Wanted to order rear links but scared to drop/loose any more money. Don't mind waiting for good stuff but it's getting ridiculous with no communication. I run my own small business sends I'm trying you Mike, communicate to your clients. Please get your ass in gear and at least send a general email update to people who have paid you money. I realize you are not Amazon but help out your supporters!!!
You can find similar options for rear links with Apache offroad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
You guys are really too 'lax on these companies. The custom fabrication area doesn't really get this much slack in my opinion. And in most cases, most only get paid 50% up front and remainder upon shipment. I hate to see/say this but taking on a heap of new orders when you're not caught up is not a good business model. Many customers of the offroad industry get f'd this way and if not now, it can and possibly will happen. I know you want to only speak good things about a supporter of the community but I can show you ten companies that are fabrication shops doing the same caliber of work (better track record of supply), they simply do not take this long. Rally up and take names of orders that he needs to complete because it's simply not okay to take people's money and new projects with many unresolved orders.
I would love to see that list because I have yet to find a source for a good skid plate system. The one RESZ FAB had designed covered past the transfer case. The only thing I've found is the OEM plate, it just doesn't cover the tranny or transfer case. Thanks for the help.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,854 Posts
I would love to see that list because I have yet to find a source for a good skid plate system. The one RESZ FAB had designed covered past the transfer case. The only thing I've found is the OEM plate, it just doesn't cover the tranny or transfer case. Thanks for the help.
I believe there’s a list that was compiled a few years back by a moderator.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,854 Posts
I believe there’s a list that was compiled a few years back by a moderator. Also are you looking for a single plate or multiple plates because there’s a ton of options in that regard.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
It's a pinned post in the 4x4 section of the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
You can check out RCI metalworks and Budbuilt. Lots of us run these skids without any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe there’s a list that was compiled a few years back by a moderator. Also are you looking for a single plate or multiple plates because there’s a ton of options in that regard.
Thanks. That's a good list. Do you all have a preference as to a full package? How about the strength of steel vs aluminum?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Thanks. That's a good list. Do you all have a preference as to a full package? How about the strength of steel vs aluminum?
If you do a quick search on the forum you will find some really great threads discussing the pros and cons of steel vs Al. Lots of great info available on armor choices. Just type your topic in the search function.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts