Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to get a dedicated trail rig after having another transfer case fail on me. I can't afford to swap for a bigger tow rig yet, so the FJ is gonna fill the role this summer :p

the sami is around 3000 lbs, so this still comes in under the 5000 lb towing limit. It towed straight as an arrow, and stopped well too (uhauls have surge brakes). Of course I would have liked more power for hills and such, but it cruised along at 65 in 6th gear no problem. I kept my foot in it all day just to see how bad the mileage could get, and got 9mpg.

Future upgrades will be a brake controller, a trailer with 4 electric brakes, and Ill be putting the stock wheels and tires back on.

here's a pic of the trail rigs maiden voyage...

:rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Nice!

I think I have seen you around town.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Time to add that supercharger to the FJ!:lol: Your Sami is pretty SWEET!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
When I was young I was always a tad jealous of the guys that didn't wheel in their daily driver like I always did....lol....Cool Sami....Nice tow rig too.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
oo, that Sami looks fun!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Great lookin rigs.:rocker:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice!

I think I have seen you around town.
probably. My FJ used to have an all-pro bumper on it, but now Im back to the stock one. Im selling my wheels and tires too, so the only noticable thing is the stickers on my rear windows and antenna mount :)

thanks for the comments guys. The sami was very impressive on its first run out. Its on 35s with toyota axles locked front and rear with ultra low gearing so it really crawls over anything :king:

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
How did you get U-Haul to rent you a car trailer? They wouldn't rent one to me. Just curious!

Tim

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Just wanted to check out your sami... now that looks like a fun toy. I totally understand your reasoning now. I want a beater offroader. If it breaks you can just tow it home. I'm jealous!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts