Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEVADAESH arranged another Death Valley run for 3/4 May. Several members of the mini-expedition are already on the road. Some are getting ready to go.
NEVADAESH
POKERDAWG
BLACKCHERRYFJ
KOKOPELI (1L)
UPHILL
MUDDYGRRL
DOMINICG
STHARRIS
MIKESCRUISER
Maybe AIR2AIR

Who will make it back from the trek? Who won't?

We're going to cover portions of the valley that we didn't cover in the INTO THE VALLEY OF DEATH expedition. And there will be the usual trail run mischief.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
You guys have fun! Wish I could have made it to this one too, but life gets in the way of the fun times on occasion. :(

I am sure I'll see some more great pictures and some sweet video from E like the last trip. :D

Be safe everyone and bring me back something cool. :D

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Live from the i-15!

Me and muddygrrl are inbound right as i type this.
How in the world are you doing that?? Laptop and cellphone??

If you guys are going thru Ballarat stop in and say Happy Birthday to the old guy in the store. He turned 89 last weekend when we were there.
Cool....if we pass by we will.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just got out of the shower. Great run! Thanks to NEVADAESH for setting this Death Valley Part Deux run up! We returned from the Valley of Death with some scrapes and minor carnage and some great memories.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Great pics Dom! Can't wait to see everyone else's pics and here all the story's.

Wish I was there to enjoy it with all of you, but glad you all had fun any ways. :D

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Some quick downloads of some of my favorite bullet points from the Death Valley II run:

The old cowboy at the Ballarat Outpost. Though Ballarat is officially a ghost town, there is one old cowboy who runs a general store and outpost. He sells some cool rocks that he finds and gives advice to travelers. It's a part of Americana that is fast fading. Take it in and enjoy experiences like this before they're gone.

Bone-white stretches of salt, leached up from the lifeless soil, lay like a shroud over the high desert where a paranoid Charles Manson holed up after an orgy of murder nearly four decades ago. This photo is Charles Manson's cabin at the Barker Ranch. Manson was eventually taken into custody here.

"Charles Manson Slept Here" No black light needed. MUDDYGRRL reclines on Manson's bed, still in place.

DOMINICG gives MISSUPHILL a piggy-back ride through the Manson property.

MISSUPHILL and DOMINICG argue while NEVADAESH looks on. Yes the Scorpion has a MAF auxiliary tank. I was hauling fuel for MUDDYGRRL who doesn't have a roof rack.

STHARRIS up to his axles in mud. The Scorpion pulled him out.

A few FJ's explore the Panamint Mountains following our Desert Rat guide, NEVADAESH.

MUDDYGRRL finds an arrowhead on BLM land outside Death Valley.

Wild Burros in the Panamint Mountain Range.

The Scorpion emerges from a Talc mine on the east side of Mengle Pass.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts