Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was attempting to install a new reveal on the ft. windshield and evidently, got too rough with it. I broke the posts on the white and yellow clip type brackets located on the back side of the reveal that fit into the welded brackets on the top. (The middle two pieces on the reveal, between the red clips or whatever the proper nomenclature is.) On the new OEM reveals, these, along with other parts on the reveal can be removed. Any idea where I can, or if I can, purchase just these post type parts that fit in the back side of the reveal? I can order a new reveal, but that seems like overkill.

On an unrelated note, is it necessary to place urethane adhesive on the reveal when reinstalling it? The way the old one came off (in pieces), I'm not too sure that would be necessary.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
a new molding will come with all of the clips, and it will not require urethane (that is how folks try to re-use the old molding after the clips broke off)

·
A-Team Moderator
10,302 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a new molding will come with all of the clips, and it will not require urethane (that is how folks try to re-use the old molding after the clips broke off)
Yeah. I found out that’s what they did when I took the reveal off. I’ve also seen something about putting just spots of adhesive. But as tight as one of the clips was, you’re right, no need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new reveal was installed with urethane adhesive. No problems. I would like to find a 3D scanner and purchase a new reveal, so I can scan the clips in and 3D print them for future use. The outside 2 have spring steel inserted into them to make them fit tight. Other than that, 3D printing should do the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts