Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Revtek lift on stock rims and tires , performance test. Now pics with nitto mudders

So I got the revtek 3" lift installed, my 16" rims didnt fit , I need to wait to get a spacer 2 days wait. So I thought this would be perfect to see what the revtek lift would do to the FJ added to the stock.

1st - you can tell your riding higher, and your back end is higher.
2nd - I hit all the bumps in a city u can , IE speed bumps, potholes etc etc and felt no added stiffness or lost ride performance.
3rd - actully improved cornering and trun radius, example when I park, I must make a sharp right turn , past a gate from a dead stop, I had to go slow s I can and just made it, now with the revtek it makes a sharper turn.
4th - All the parts of the kit feel and look solid as a rock and gave that same feeling in the ride.

This is my 3rd revtek, other 2 were on 4 runners, never had a issue, or complaint about it.

Also Ive called them direct they had no probablem, giving me advice, specs, hearing me blab, and what not.

The naysayers of revetek never owned one!!!! The fj has coil overs stock, and rides great. Revtek keeps that ride. gives u lift for a low price. Thumbs up on the revtek lift kit!!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Chatsworth. Great post. I don't know much about lift kits in general, other than what I've been reading. I like all of the insight you've provided.
You've hit all the points I've been wondering about in 1 simple post.
Why can't all of my posts be this imformative!

-No change to the ride quality, No added stiffness or lost of ride performance. Just what I've been wanting confirmed.
-Improved corner and turn radius! REALLY? Are you pulling our legs? I would've guess the opposite. I'll take your word until someone says otherwise.

BTW, this is all the same stuff the guys over at Les Schwabs tire co. were telling me. I figured they were bull****ing me and they just didn't know better on account of what I've been reading here.
How come we always end up getting conflicting info about any topic at hand?:confused:

I now have way less reservations about the revtek lift. The only way I'm not getting it now is if someone comes up with a "much" better system for only a couple hundred dollars more. I'm not the waitin' type either. Revtek can be had NOW!! Ya!!

**Chatsworth, Does the REvtek kit level the FJ out? 2" lift in back and 3" upfront? or does the back still sit higher than front like the stock FJ's?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know for a fact but, buy the look of the spacers the rear looked larger then the front, and just siting in the seat the back is def. higher then it was b-4. Heres a few pics Ill send more when the light is proper.

Note the stock coil over looks just like the big money ones

Here U can see the rims and nittos that will be added, with a spacer needed,

Note: Tires are Nitto mud grapplers 33"x11.5
Rims are Procomp sreies 152

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Damn dude. I've got a black FJ. Those were the same rims I was looking at at Les Schwabs! Did you ever consider white rims?
I was thinking different tires tho. I may go for the 35's. Haven't decide yet. I will after I see some more pics of your rig. Side, front, rear, all angles please. Don't mean to be needy, but that's why i'm here. Yeah post mucho pics please!!!

BTW, what did you pay for rims and tires? and lift?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
your always gonna have conflicting opinions.just like the great tire debate about bfg's at's worked well for someone but didn't do so well for another.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Im a huge BFG fan. Ive had them for 10 years, and they have been great. But its like if lobster was yer fav food and ate it for 10 years straight. I just needed a change. I say BFG MT is the best tire Ive ever owned.
The lift cost me 800 installed. I dont remember what the rims cost about $130 each it think and the tires were about $200 each.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok Done!! The Nitto muders are very loud , sounds like some one making a ghost noise, I think its kinda neat, I have a slight bump steer.
Lost of grinding was dont to the behind the front fender to the body mount. Ill post pics tommrow when the light is good but heres the done look.

Thanks to, Bob at "Chatsworth Tire" , he spend hours even on his day off getting the look I wanted. If your in or near the valley and want lift, tires, and rims. They are the place togo.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No rubbing in the rear, the front rubbed in the back of the fender right by that bump that sticks out, so the mud flap was left on just ground the body mount, ( will post pics tommrow night)

I got 1" spacers for 2 reasons, the front caliper just touched the rim, and a small spacer made the bolts to short. So had to get a spacer with bolts on it. heres a pic

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im still a BFG mudder fan boy, but OMG these Nitto mudders tear s**t up! Yea I had yo really cut my baby up, to fit these on but well worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts