Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the Revtek lift would work with an arb bullbar?
I know the weight of the bull bar might be a problem. So if someone could help me out with finding a lift other than OME or a coilover that would work with the weight of the bumper. Or if someone could tell me its not going to happen. Ha!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have had the revtek lift and ARB bumper for over a year now and everything has worked well. The Revtek was about the only lift out when I took delivery of the vehicle, so my choices were limited. If you have any plans on installing a winch AND the ARB, I would go ahead and get a true coilover or OME system. I have wanted to get a winch, but am going to wait until I get the Revtek replaced with a coilover suspension.

·
Registered
652 Posts
If you have any plans on installing a winch AND the ARB, I would go ahead and get a true coilover or OME system. I have wanted to get a winch, but am going to wait until I get the Revtek replaced with a coilover suspension.
I'll second that. I agree that the ARB bumper alone would be fine on the Revtek lift (spacers up front, I believe). However, the weight of a winch will definitely cause the rake to be further exaggerated as well as "nose-dive" upon breaking.

Just curious, at almost $500 with the revtek, why so eager to shun the "OME or True Coilover" setup when you're only another $200 dollars away from a much better system?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha I will probably just go with a OME or coilover. I was just curious to see if anyone was running that set-up.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
I was wondering if the Revtek lift would work with an arb bullbar?
The ARB Bullbar is a heavy bumper but I ran it with a Warn winch and with STOCK suspension without any significant issues. Yes, the nose did dip a bit but it wasn't uncomfortable or problematic. When I added the Donahoe suspension/coil-overs it wasn't an issue at all. I think you'd find the same general results with OME (go for heavy load on the front/medium on the back).

Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts