Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the idea of this set up from Rez fab. It says in the product description that they are slightly longer to accommodate lift. My question is will they fit a stock set up? My FJ is stock height, Seems like a more money than brains issue. I like the red bling:surprise Feedback appreciated. Also is install difficult?
Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 7.34.37 AM.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
I will take some pics of mine . They are About 3/8 of a inch longer . NOT much But even with the Adjustable links you make them the same length as stock then just a little more . I have MT lower links . but Resz Uppers
and Panhard . Resz makes a excellent product . The downfall with Resz is he makes a Excellent product and that does not always equal a Good business owner ,But he has worked very hard on fixing that portion .

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Also he can make them to stock length if you need or do not plan on any lift

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Here are some photos

Attachments

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
downfall with Resz is he makes a Excellent product and that does not always equal a Good business owner ,But he has worked very hard on fixing that portion .
There's several times on bookface that they were bashing other companies to promote their product. "Like see this is broken, buy ours." That's some broken marketing alright. I know many people here like their product but their business practice is something else. Hope they continue to improve with a better attitude. /off topic

@Bad Wolf the difference won't be an issue. It may actually ride better because of the effect on length of wheel base. There's plenty of space in the wheel well to accommodate so rock on.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I will add that I ordered mine on black Friday and it took between 14-15 weeks to receive them.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I ordered mine 11 weeks ago yesterday. Late last week Mike said they were still waiting on the Duroflex joints but expected an order of them in very soon. Time will tell.

I should mention that he was paid 11 weeks ago. ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
I should add i paid my taxes last year and sti . O wait thats a different topic .

I would suggest just sending him a text or a simple phone call he has been very good at getting back with me . I know that he was out of the bushings and that they came in . They just ran a batch and got them back from the PC . Trust me I hate waiting more than anyone . But i will say Resz products are really Nice .

·
Registered
604 Posts
I ordered ours bare so the PC'ing shouldn't add time to mine. ;-)

·
Registered
604 Posts
15 weeks now (well this Thursday it'll be 15 weeks) and still waiting....

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Mine were very easy to install and damn the ride difference versus stock is amazing.
What differences did you notice in ride quality from stock?

I've been looking at these links for quite a while. The lack of adjustability has me a bit puzzled--I talked to the guys at my alignment shop and even they were skeptical about fixed length links. If anything is out of alignment, fixed links don't allow for any adjustment. And it seems each manufacturer has a different idea about where the additional length should go--upper or lower. I have read advice from two different mfgrs that directly contradict one another. Reszfab seems to have their product pretty well dialed...I'm just nervous about getting stuck with links that are compensating for issues I don't actually have. With King shocks, I don't get any driveline vibration--my only issue is the rear axle is offset slightly to one side due to the change in panhard rod angle.

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
Factory links are fixed, no issues there. I have the adjustable metaltech but I can see where a fixed link makes things much more simple and probably a little cheaper. If the nut comes loose on the metaltechs and the joint is allowed to pivot it will eventually wear out and snap. That is the risk with adjustables. I've never adjusted my metaltechs either. The fixed links are more install and forget.

If you go with heims on either end you will notice vibrations/noise.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,666 Posts

I've been looking at these links for quite a while. The lack of adjustability has me a bit puzzled--I talked to the guys at my alignment shop and even they were skeptical about fixed length links. If anything is out of alignment, fixed links don't allow for any adjustment. And it seems each manufacturer has a different idea about where the additional length should go--upper or lower. I have read advice from two different mfgrs that directly contradict one another. Reszfab seems to have their product pretty well dialed...I'm just nervous about getting stuck with links that are compensating for issues I don't actually have. With King shocks, I don't get any driveline vibration--my only issue is the rear axle is offset slightly to one side due to the change in panhard rod angle.
They removed a decent amount of bind that was stored in my suspension with the lift and at the same time the duroflex joints make my rig ride sooo smooth. Worth the wait especially when you consider the increased flexibility and travel.

·
Premium Member
10,897 Posts

With King shocks, I don't get any driveline vibration--my only issue is the rear axle is offset slightly to one side due to the change in panhard rod angle.
G'Day Umami,
There is a mod for the panhard rod, to correct the angle.
This might help if the angle and offset needs a tweak...
Designed originally for the 4R, but also suitable for the FJ...
I know a few folks that have already done it to their J's . and I'll be getting mine fitted within the month...
Here is the link

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/259761-panhard-correction-kits-4th-gen-fix-panhard-bar-angle.html

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts