Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my RESZ Fab upper, lower and panhard bar today that I ordered Black Friday.

they did not have install instructions and RESZ Fab was closed by the time i could call. I would like to install tomorrow.

I am not doing long travel I went with these because I did not want adjustable or johnny joint just stronger. I have bushing issues in the stock ones and the passenger side has a very slight bend in it from years of abuse.

I am running the sway bar and have ToyTec HD Superflex rear springs with Bilstein 5160 rear shocks, Wheeler's bump stops

QUESTIONS

the upper links are offset. they should mount with the offset down so that there is more clearance at the fuel tank ?

the lower offset should mount up on the axle mount? for more clearance at full droop at the axle.

Torque specs

Rear Lower Control Arm: 96 ft-lbs
Rear Upper Control Arm: 59 ft-lbs
Rear anti-swaybar link: 11 ft-lbs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got them figured out they were worth the wait. installed on the ground one at a time. used the ratchet strap to line the holes up. the hardest one is the upper on the drivers side by the fuel tank.
Fixed the noise I had in the rear. stock uppers had tears in the bushing's.
all of the bushing's were cracked in the rubber sections but they had 165000 miles of abuse.

Attachments

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,918 Posts
Looks great, and glad it fixed your problem! Sorry I didn’t see this in time to help. You did all this without a lift? Wow....:wink

·
Registered
879 Posts
I got them figured out they were worth the wait. installed on the ground one at a time. used the ratchet strap to line the holes up. the hardest one is the upper on the drivers side by the fuel tank.
all of the bushing's were cracked in the rubber sections but they had 165000 miles of abuse.
Looks awesome. I ordered Reszfab lowers a couple of weeks ago. Based on your experience, I only have 12 more weeks to wait!

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awesome. I ordered Reszfab lowers a couple of weeks ago. Based on your experience, I only have 12 more weeks to wait!
RESZ Fab only has a few people so he gets backed up. I think another reason it took so long is i did the duroflex bushing's. the links are very heavy duty.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great, and glad it fixed your problem! Sorry I didn’t see this in time to help. You did all this without a lift? Wow....:wink
Did not even jack it up left it on the tires. the hardest was the drivers side upper. front bolt is a pain to remove and was the hardest to get the torque wrench on.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Looks Good . I have the same type of rear lower link skids i would suggest welding across the top of the forward edge . I caught 1 on a rock and it bent the front and twisted down . When it rotated the back came very close to kinking my rear link . just a small bead now so i can get them off if i need . I also just got a set of his new lower link mounts so i will not need skids at all .

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks Good . I have the same type of rear lower link skids i would suggest welding across the top of the forward edge . I caught 1 on a rock and it bent the front and twisted down . When it rotated the back came very close to kinking my rear link . just a small bead now so i can get them off if i need . I also just got a set of his new lower link mounts so i will not need skids at all .
That is on my list to do. need to find some one to weld them. this it what made me decide it was time.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Please forgive the noobness of this question but could I install these without a lift? I plan on getting a lift at some point but do not have one yet. Would it be a good idea to wait and then purchase and install these after a lift or can I do them now before putting a lift on?

I know they wont really do much for much for me on a stock suspension but would it hurt anything or are these designed specifically for a lifted vehicle?

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Yes you can put them on a stock rig And yes they are a huge upgrade even more so in a stock FJ imho . The stock links are very weak and can leave you stranded .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received my RESZ Fab upper, lower and panhard bar today that I ordered Black Friday.

they did not have install instructions and RESZ Fab was closed by the time i could call. I would like to install tomorrow.

I am not doing long travel I went with these because I did not want adjustable or johnny joint just stronger. I have bushing issues in the stock ones and the passenger side has a very slight bend in it from years of abuse.

I am running the sway bar and have ToyTec HD Superflex rear springs with Bilstein 5160 rear shocks, Wheeler's bump stops

QUESTIONS

the upper links are offset. they should mount with the offset down so that there is more clearance at the fuel tank ?

the lower offset should mount up on the axle mount? for more clearance at full droop at the axle.

Torque specs

Rear Lower Control Arm: 96 ft-lbs
Rear Upper Control Arm: 59 ft-lbs
Rear anti-swaybar link: 11 ft-lbs
Where do those washers in the small bag get installed???

·
Registered
88 Posts
Glad you got this figured out. Any chance you can help a brother out. Have the same questions. Got mine in (Lowers only for now) with no instructions. Website instruction tab would also not work. I understand how to install them, just wondering which end was which. Is the offset at the axle or at the frame? Grease fittings I would assume would be up and away from danger, but they seem hard to get to if installed that way, and if installed facing down seem to be able to get snapped off fairly easily. So any advise or instruction would be great. Your pics were great, but with your armor, I couldnt tell which end was which... Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where do those washers in the small bag get installed???
Upper control arm the end that attaches to the frame mount. they are used as spacers.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad you got this figured out. Any chance you can help a brother out. Have the same questions. Got mine in (Lowers only for now) with no instructions. Website instruction tab would also not work. I understand how to install them, just wondering which end was which. Is the offset at the axle or at the frame? Grease fittings I would assume would be up and away from danger, but they seem hard to get to if installed that way, and if installed facing down seem to be able to get snapped off fairly easily. So any advise or instruction would be great. Your pics were great, but with your armor, I couldnt tell which end was which... Thanks in advance
Offset to the axle. offset up. i do not have zerks on mine they are the duroflex bushing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Upper control arm the end that attaches to the frame mount. they are used as spacers.
One on each joint of the Arms? Seems like the joint that attaches to the axle has too much of a gap. Can you post pictures of your joints. I also got the duroflex joints.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One on each joint of the Arms? Seems like the joint that attaches to the axle has too much of a gap. Can you post pictures of your joints. I also got the duroflex joints.
sorry they go on the frame and axle mounts one each.
DSC_0628.JPG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts