Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I had my front skid 2 days after ordering for a $12 shipping fee.

These guys have some of the best customer service in the business.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How long does it take to get a set after ordering? I would like to order a set and get it on in time for the CMCC run on the 9th of July. I would order right now but I am at work and cannot access your website. I will try when I get home.

Aloha :eek:rangehat:
Tom
If you order today, they will ship either tomorrow or monday. You'll have them in plenty of time for the 9th.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Are you gonna be in Ouray?

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you order today, they will ship either tomorrow or monday. You'll have them in plenty of time for the 9th.
Order both last night. I can't wait to get them installed. :cheers:

Aloha :eek:rangehat:
Tom

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Did I read on a post that you could have them cut from thicker sheet stock?

How about losing the FJ cut out and going with something different? Maybe a few circles or an oval shape to match the bezel?

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Did I read on a post that you could have them cut from thicker sheet stock?

How about losing the FJ cut out and going with something different? Maybe a few circles or an oval shape to match the bezel?

:cheers:
I offered that as an option when we were cutting them out of 3/16. We have decided to cut all of these out of 1/4" now. 1/4" is as thick as they are going to get. I can also delete the FJ cut out as well if you like. I can do some circles or an oval if you like.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ordered the front and engine skids yesterday, can't wait to get them on!

BTW, will you send a shipping notification? Just curious.
We usually don't just because of the volume we ship, but if you need a tracking # I can get you one. Thanks for your purchase!

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Lots of orders came in over the weekend, thanks guys! I'm going to make some time this week to seriously look at the tranny/transfer skid. I'll post my progress!:cheers:

·
Registered
148 Posts
We usually don't just because of the volume we ship, but if you need a tracking # I can get you one. Thanks for your purchase!
Thanks for sending the notice, I have had a couple of things that I had to go to UPS center to pick up earlier this spring, that's why I asked. I think I have the new driver trained now though.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Do they have to be bolted over the stock plates? My front plate was tweaked during my last outing. I can still take the plate on/off so it isn't totally mangled:)

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Do they have to be bolted over the stock plates? My front plate was tweaked during my last outing. I can still take the plate on/off so it isn't totally mangled:)
Yes these must be mounted over the stock plates. If you can still mount and un-mount the stocker you should be ok. You might need to straighten it out the best you can, but it sounds like it will work for you.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yes I do, we anodize parts on a regular basis. I try to get a ball park quote tomorrow.
quick pros/cons of anodizing?

I am semi-familiar with it, but do you gain anything besides just the finish look? (looks like storefront alum. glazing...correct?)

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
quick pros/cons of anodizing?

I am semi-familiar with it, but do you gain anything besides just the finish look? (looks like storefront alum. glazing...correct?)
Anodizing will be strictly cosmetic. It looks really good though. The downfall with it is; once you scratch it, you can't touch it up, you have to re-anodize the whole piece. It isn't cheap either. I'll have to check with my boss when he gets back in town, but most likely it will be 20 to 30 bucks a plate for anodizing. The grained finish we put on holds up really well. It doesn't stain easy, gives the part a little texture, and hides scratches extremely well.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Anodizing will be strictly cosmetic. It looks really good though. The downfall with it is; once you scratch it, you can't touch it up, you have to re-anodize the whole piece. It isn't cheap either. I'll have to check with my boss when he gets back in town, but most likely it will be 20 to 30 bucks a plate for anodizing. The grained finish we put on holds up really well. It doesn't stain easy, gives the part a little texture, and hides scratches extremely well.

thats what i was thinking...on not being able to touch-up easy. Glad mine are coming NAKED!

thanks for the info Brad!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts