Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just put a pair of Duallys on the back of my FJ, and I must say I am quite impressed. I have a friend who is a rep for them and he finally talked me into trying Rigids lights. He said the new stuff shown at SEMA is even more impressive and should be out soon. I have a feeling i will be replacing all of my other lights with Rigids soon......

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Rigid Industries LED light systems are the finest available.

They are about 30% more efficient than rival systems, and, IMO, better constructed as well. They are built here in the US (Mesa, AZ), use US- sourced LEDs and proprietary driver boards, and superior reflectors available in several beam spreads. They are also less expensive than their competitors. They are mil-spec, and are tested under water before being shipped out. They are also available in amber (fire depts use them to be seen through smoke and fog), and infrared (used by the Border Patrol in conjunction with night vision headsets).

Yes, I'm biased (we sell them), but I'd put them up against any on the market today for functionality and value...:cheers::rocker:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Lol Larry! I was impressed that they worked underwater!
I have the amber duallys and was thinking about ordering a set of their reflector style when they come out.
My buddy is a distributor so I have a great hook up
Dont be so humble! Don't forget about the 40" on you roof!

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Lol Larry! I was impressed that they worked underwater!
I have the amber duallys and was thinking about ordering a set of their reflector style when they come out.
My buddy is a distributor so I have a great hook up
All major mfg. LED lights on the market are IP-67 rated, so all of them are capable of working in up to 1m of water. Actually, probably even work more efficiently since you've got a larger heat sink.

I'll be interested to see how the new 5watt light performs. Single row, but it almost looks like they are using a smaller reflector as well. Which would normally indicate less distance (compared to E series) even though they are putting out more light with the LEDs. I.e more of a flood light than a spot.

Hopefully they'll have one @ OverlandExpo in April that I can play with. Nice to see they are doing some new developments.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Rigid Industries LED light systems are the finest available.

They are about 30% more efficient than rival systems, and, IMO, better constructed as well. They are built here in the US (Mesa, AZ), use US- sourced LEDs :
Are the LEDS made in the U.S., or are they just purchased from a U.S. distributor?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has anyone tried using a set of the Dually lights as fog lights? One of my Hellas burned out yesterday and I noticed that the lens is cracked. So rather than get a replacement from Hella, I was thinking about trying the Duallys. I have seen some trucks with them mounted as fog lights, but after seeing how bright the Duallys are on the back of my FJ, I wonder if they would be too bright to use as fogs.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Are the LEDS made in the U.S., or are they just purchased from a U.S. distributor?
According to the folks at Rigid, the LEDs are manufactured in the US.

Has anyone tried using a set of the Dually lights as fog lights? One of my Hellas burned out yesterday and I noticed that the lens is cracked. So rather than get a replacement from Hella, I was thinking about trying the Duallys. I have seen some trucks with them mounted as fog lights, but after seeing how bright the Duallys are on the back of my FJ, I wonder if they would be too bright to use as fogs.
The Dually lights have a beam spread of 10 or 20 degrees (depending on choice). Neither is very efficient as a fog light, which usually have a wider beam spread ( 60-100 degrees). So, they won't work well as a rock light or fog light, IMO...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Can someone please for the love if god make a LED kit for the ARB bumper fog lights??!! Please, please, please! I refuse to spend over $300 for the ipf's that put out crap light...it drives me crazy on a daily basis that I don't have lights in those spots...I don't see how ipf can justify the price for those tiny fog lights when my 900 series monsters were only $150 from Costco...aaaargh!! I'll be the first one on the list if someone comes up with something...

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I just ordered a pair of the new dually D 2's for back up/floods!
Rigid Industries - LED and HID lights

Compared to the original Dually design they put out 2600 lumen per light @ 28w vs 1100 lumen @ 10w. Plus they have temperature sensors that regulate power to prevent damage.

Compared to a 10" e series light bar a pair of D2's is slightly less expensive and puts out more light as a pair 5200 vs 3600.

Can't wait to get these installed.:rocker:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I just ordered a pair of the new dually D 2's for back up/floods!
Rigid Industries - LED and HID lights

Compared to the original Dually design they put out 2600 lumen per light @ 28w vs 1100 lumen @ 10w. Plus they have temperature sensors that regulate power to prevent damage.

Compared to a 10" e series light bar a pair of D2's is slightly less expensive and puts out more light as a pair 5200 vs 3600.

Can't wait to get these installed.:rocker:
Sweet can't wait to see how good they work! The only draw back is the price of the d2's!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts