Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. We have a best themed photo contest, so why not a best rig contest?

Same rules, could be themed.. most rock-ready, epedition-ready, baja-ready, etc.

Just a suggestion :) :rocker:

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
How about Mike's Pink Warrior?

sorry...I'll let it die now. ;)

M

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
I think if there was a vote on "Rig of the Month", regardless of topic, the same few would continually win. The stock or close to stock FJ would never be a part of it.

What would you all think about a "Rig of the Month" on the front page of the forum that is selected for feature, with a brief list of questions that were asked each owner of the featured rig every month? Questions could range from "What type of music do you listen to?" to "What is your favorite one mod?" or anything else we can come up with.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
I think if there was a vote on "Rig of the Month", regardless of topic, the same few would continually win. The stock or close to stock FJ would never be a part of it.
Agreed. Not a good idea from that standpoint.

What would you all think about a "Rig of the Month" on the front page of the forum that is selected for feature, with a brief list of questions that were asked each owner of the featured rig every month? Questions could range from "What type of music do you listen to?" to "What is your favorite one mod?" or anything else we can come up with.

Thoughts?
Not bad, though finding criteria to select the rig might be a problem since again, people are gonna pick Air2Air's, Sbechtold's, Shadow's, Uphill's, Doc's etc....over and over. I still say go for it.....kinda like a mini-magazine type article about the specific vehicles mods (might be just like their respective build up threads though)....then archive everything so other users can go back to glean information.

2 cents,
Sean

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Agreed. Not a good idea from that standpoint.

Not bad, though finding criteria to select the rig might be a problem since again, people are gonna pick Air2Air's, Sbechtold's, Shadow's, Uphill's, Doc's etc....over and over. I still say go for it.....kinda like a mini-magazine type article about the specific vehicles mods (might be just like their respective build up threads though)....then archive everything so other users can go back to glean information.

2 cents,
Sean
I think we would maybe just ask somebody from the forum to spearhead this and select a rig of the month, and mandate that there are no repeats for two years or something. It would be nice to have a registered user do this, and they could forward it on to a moderator for posting on the front page.

Thanks for your thought, Sean. :) I like the archive idea, too.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thoughts?

i like that :)

·
Registered
129 Posts

Thoughts?
Maybe we should have a "Most Stock FJ" contest. No mods at all...including the headlights! I've only had my FJ for 3 months and I bought stuff for it by the end of the week.

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
I think we would maybe just ask somebody from the forum to spearhead this and select a rig of the month, and mandate that there are no repeats for two years or something. It would be nice to have a registered user do this, and they could forward it on to a moderator for posting on the front page.

Thats a nice idea.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts

Thoughts?
I like the idea. I don't think it should be a contest though or based on votes. The powers that be on this site should evaluate the owner and rig to see if there is something to 'feature'.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts

Thoughts?
Or maybe the forum could just "automatically" choose one from the Member Build-Ups thread. This would give more exposure to that thread and have more people participate in it. Having more people participate would lead to more ideas that people with stock FJ's could incorporate as they (eventually) will get bit by the build-up bug....

And by keeping the two year moratorium would keep new people and their FJs flowing in.....

My $0.02 worth....

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Or maybe the forum could just "automatically" choose one from the Member Build-Ups thread. This would give more exposure to that thread and have more people participate in it. Having more people participate would lead to more ideas that people with stock FJ's could incorporate as they (eventually) will get bit by the build-up bug....

And by keeping the two year moratorium would keep new people and their FJs flowing in.....

My $0.02 worth....
Now THIS is a good idea. Shameless self-promotion. :)

Can there be a set list of questions? Say, twenty? Or is an open forum of questions better?

M

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I like VoodooBob's idea as well.

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts

*Raising hand*

Ok, so I'm going to ask for suggestions for the 20 questions. There are lots of things we would like to learn about a specific member.
Please post up!!

M

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
What's your favorite mod?
Future plans for the FJ?
Favorite trail?
Biggest mistake?

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts