Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 2011 FJ and noticed an intermittent rattle on the right side panel by the passenger seat; it's not loud but enough to get on your nerves when driving without the radio on.

I worked out a deal but made the deal subject to them fixing the rattle. I went back a couple of hours later and was told there was a loose clip in the side panel and the problem was corrected. I closed the deal and drove home. The rattle started again about a mile away from the dealer.

I've now been back twice and finally told the issue was a rattle in the right door mechanism that cannot be fixed. The mechanic told me that it's a common problem with ALL FJ's. I've owned a lot of Toyotas over the years and never been told that something can't be fixed.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
odd. I was going to suggest the seatbelt buckle hitting the plastic, but that'd be all too simple lol

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I had the same problem right side. After going off road few times it did go away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a rattle in the in the left side rear door. It turned out to be loose nuts that hold what looks like a brace to the rear door. I tightened those up and problem went away. Just becareful I think I stripped one by over-tighting it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Just another possibility, I had an intermittent rattle that sounded like it was coming from the driver side suicide door. After taking it apart twice, I discovered that the culprit was the rubber "stop" on the guide arm for the door. The "stop" is several layers of rubber sandwiched between two pieces of metal. The stopper had worked itself loose and would rattle along the guide arm when the door was shut or when I went over bumps. I zip tied it in place at the end of the guide arm and the rattle went away.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I test drove a 2011 FJ and noticed an intermittent rattle on the right side panel by the passenger seat; it's not loud but enough to get on your nerves when driving without the radio on.
Yep have that same rattle on my passenger side as well. Thought it was the buckle hitting plastic but it wasn't. No clue here but I'd love to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts