Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad and I cruised down to Albuquerque this morning to run the Rio Puerco with some FJ friends. Lawrence put it all together and was our fearless leader. He took us on some really cool trails. The first trail we took was so exciting we forgot to take pictures, but it was intense. Some later trails were cool too.

Sean followed me in his black cherry.

We had four FJ's in our group. Two Jeeps hooked up with us at the entrance and another one joined us later. Ken had a really nice Jeep and made a great climb.

Paul was doing some climbing of his own.

Paul's son Mattie was there too and did a lot of great driving also;

After about four hours of trailing we stopped for a group photo.

Just when we thought the day was over we ran into a little more excitment. A Nissan pickup didn't negotiate a turn well and ran off the road. Unfortunately, there was a cliff right there. He almost rolled down the cliff. It was close. All of us jumped in and dug him out, winched him, then strapped him.

How could you have a better day? A couple of us went out for pizza, then it was a long drive home. It was a great day. The Albuquerque FJ'ers are great guys and I can't wait to wheel with them again. There are also some really good Jeeps guys out there too. If you ever get to Albuquerque look these guys up and they show you a great time. Thanks everyone! MT

·
Registered
648 Posts
Great write-up Montana. You and your dad are always welcome down here again. Next time we'll have to spend the day out there though. There was a lot of good climbs that we had to skip.

For every one else, here's a link to all of my pics from the day
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/505coyote/Puerco 1june08/

The first ten or so pics are from that first obstacle (sorry no FJC pics on that climb). It was intense. Montana and I were less than an inch from a little body damage on the rear passenger quarter panel.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Im so JEALOUS!!!! Ill be moving back to NM in 8 months!! Save some dirt for me!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts