Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here I am reading the Jan/Feb 2011 issue of Highroads Magazine and it says, on P 41, that the FJC will be no more, along with Pontiac, Saturn and Hummer. :mofo:

I'm just not sure what to tell all these people who think they have 2011 FJCs.....:silly:

Must be a mirage.....re-imaged 2007s, maybe???:jester:

Where do these people get this stuff?:werd:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't believe that article, sounds like they are drumming up business for Chrysler.

I see more and more FJ's all the time, I see them everywhere, it is a strong seller in my opinion, I hope Toyota doesn't discontinue it. I have owned a lot of vehicles, this is my favorite so far.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Another Consumer Reports type Mag report

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Stupid people print articles without doing their homework. ......:rofl:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Someone talked to a big shot toyota guy at the last summit and that guy said the FJ would go on through production until 2015 and think maybe even a body change.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
SATURN: Following the withdrawal of a bid by Penske Automotive to acquire Saturn in September 2009, General Motors discontinued the Saturn brand and ended its outstanding franchises on October 31, 2010.[1][4] All new production was halted on October 1, 2009.

PONTIAC: On April 27, 2009, amid ongoing financial problems and restructuring efforts, GM announced it would discontinue the Pontiac brand by the end of 2010 and focus on four core brands in North America: Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC.

HUMMER: At the end of February 2010, General Motors announced it would begin dismantling the Hummer brand. Two days later, the automaker announced it had been approached with new offers for the brand after the deal with Sichuan Tengzhong could not be completed. By April 2010, any sale of the brand became unlikely as inventory was depleted and Hummer dealerships began shutting down. After filling a rental car fleet order, the last Hummer H3 rolled off line at Shreveport on May 24, 2010.

And now for the FJ:

The Toyota FJ Cruiser has been a popular choice for sport utility buyers over the last four years and Toyota has brought it back for 2011. Reasonably priced and with a unique build, the FJ Cruiser stands out in a marketplace full of midsize SUV options. The 2011 FJ Cruiser has become known for its superior handling when compared to some of its in-class competitors. There is no debating that the FJ Cruiser is a high-end SUV when taken off the road. Its suspensions are specifically designed for rough terrain, and it provides owners with the ability to go where few other cars can go. But what does it do when it’s on the road? Toyota upgraded the Cruiser’s braking system for 2011, and this will have a positive impact on both safety and handling. The suspension system is designed to handle difficult conditions, and gives this vehicle a stable feel. With locking rear differential, Bilstein shocks, and Active Traction Control, it provides plenty for the wary driver.

After reading this, I guess it is good that they discontinued the FJ.......

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Toyota, as is all other Manufactures, Are going year by year, model by model, on what they continue to build... Based on the previous years sales...if sales plummit, vehicle dies.
Toyota has annonced that as long as the FJ continues to have strong sales across the nation.. it will continue to build and sale them. They have a Product line going into 2012....But, If the Fj drops in sales for 2011.. the 2012 will be up to toyota to put it on life support and start production hoping for full recovery, or pull the plug and let it DIe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would find it hard to believe, seeing how they just expanded the global line-up to include a RHD model for the Japanese and Australian markets. Then again, they also discontinued the Hi-Lux Surf here in Japan (4Runner stateside), so maybe they are just diverting what would be stateside chassis to new markets.

Personally, unless the info comes from the Tokyo corporate headquarters or the Hamura assembly plant then I wouldn't trust it. Everything else is just speculation.

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
I would find it hard to believe, seeing how they just expanded the global line-up to include a RHD model for the Japanese and Australian markets. Then again, they also discontinued the Hi-Lux Surf here in Japan (4Runner stateside), so maybe they are just diverting what would be stateside chassis to new markets.

Personally, unless the info comes from the Tokyo corporate headquarters or the Hamura assembly plant then I wouldn't trust it. Everything else is just speculation.
If more people had a brain like you, there would be a lot less "this year is the last year of the FJ" threads/posts on here that show up annually. :lol:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Most automotive manufacturers develop products about 5 years into the future.

This is done to get the engineering, testing, and tooling done well in advance. This is all money invested well before the first one rolls off the line.

If sales absolutely tank they could axe a model. However, I would be more worried if we got wind that the development money was being cut. It sounds like this is not the case.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I did a simple search on something called the internet and I found this crazy article about a 2011 FJ. Weird, huh?

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If more people had a brain like you, there would be a lot less "this year is the last year of the FJ" threads/posts on here that show up annually. :lol:
Layonn,

I hope you were not referring to this thread, which I posted as just another example of the amazing drivel we see in national magazines, expecially regarding that very annual rumor of which you speak.......???

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
Layonn,

I hope you were not referring to this thread, which I posted as just another example of the amazing drivel we see in national magazines, expecially regarding that very annual rumor of which you speak.......???
The idea i got from your posts was that it was making fun of that magazine for stating that the FJ is discontinued when it clearly isn't.

If you honestly believe the AAA magazine is correct when no other credible source (Toyota, or any other major motor news outlet) has said the same, then yes i miiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be making fun of you in jest :)
:wave:

I was talking more about the people who read that it is discontinued somewhere randomly on the internet and try to prove to everyone that it is brand new news and it is 100% true cause they found it on the internet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I see alot of FJs in my area, most driven by cost/safety minded family types. In my mind this is good because it preserves the line, provides good options as far as buying used FJs and best of all will allow me to buy another new one in a few years.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts