Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put on the road armor bumper, PIAA 510's and a Warn 8000.
Also the TT Badge!
Pretty easy install with three people (due to how heavy it is)

Done with the rewiring the Warn control box!

I'm happy with the results!:cheers:

·
fka fatbrat40
2,489 Posts
Does the lights come with the bumper?? thinking about buying one with the bull bar

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the lights come with the bumper?? thinking about buying one with the bull bar
No they don't, it's extra:mecry:

I do like the bull bar also... I'm gonna hit up a place to see if I can get one put on.

·
Premium Member
16,744 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Looks very cool!:rocker: Someday when my FJ grows up it's gonna have one of those with the Titan bar on it... Ah, to dream!:)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thx guys! :bigthumb:

The TT badge came from the TT Team at an event they were at. They gave the badges to FJ owners only.

Your truck look exactly as mine (Voodoo + white bezel + TT badge).
Except for your new road armor!!!!
Twins! Gonna do the mirrors white too. Not sure if I want to do the door handle black, white or blue yet...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's about 94 pounds with the mounting brackets, as per BigBlueCrusiers post a while back. Add another 80 pounds for the Warn 8000.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Very timely post. Can I ask for details about the winch install? I assume that had to go in before the bumper went on. Right? Did you need any other mounting hardware to get the M8000 in securely or are all of the holes in the right place and bolts supplied? Wiring...any issues? Did you wire them to a new switch in the dash?

...My RA stealth/titan should have shipped this week but didn't. How far off of estimated delivery date were they in your case?

LOOKS GREAT!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Very timely post. Can I ask for details about the winch install? I assume that had to go in before the bumper went on. Right? Did you need any other mounting hardware to get the M8000 in securely or are all of the holes in the right place and bolts supplied? Wiring...any issues? Did you wire them to a new switch in the dash?

...My RA stealth/titan should have shipped this week but didn't. How far off of estimated delivery date were they in your case?

LOOKS GREAT!!! :cheers:

Yes install the winch before mounting the armor. All the bolts and holes fit just fine. Now on to wiring.....

Ok I HATED the Warn control box. The 0/2 gauge wire is very short, so unless you want to add more 0/2 gauge, you are stuck placing the control box close to the winch. I wanted the control box out of site, so I pulled the plug out of the "W" in the control box. I then extended the wires so I could move the plug where I wanted it. I also taped up the box from the inside and outside to try to keep bit more water out of it.

Now trying to mount the Control box sucks. The two bolts on the back don't sit flush because of the two "fins" (for a lack of a better term) that stick out of the base. I ended up buying the Warn mounting plate (will post the part number when I get home) for $16. It's just a piece of metal. (which I could have probably made if I more tools and wasn't lazy) I ended up having to bend the AC line (I believe) to make a bit of room to put the control box where I wanted it.

I then moved the plug into the Bezel grill so it has easy access when needed.

I didn't bother wiring the control to the dash, it wouldn't be that much more difficult to do at this point. I probably should at some point.....

My suggestion is to figure out where you want the Warn Control box to go before you mount the bumper. It would have been easier to do the wiring while the bumper is off.

I also checked the AC line and noticed that I had some minor rubbing, so I did the fuel line hose trick and covered the exposed line.

I hope this helps.
Dave

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Looks good :)

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
This bumper was my first choice but I couldn't find any type of deal. So--I went with the ARB which was my 2nd choice. I had to redo the wiring on my MM 8000.

Looks great!!:bigthumb:

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts