274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
People who want in on it:

1: RICE RACING
2: Fakuna
3: Shmacky
4: AUSSIE CRUISER
5: turbulence

I thought I would start a thread on this cause it kinda gets lost in others etc.

I would like to know who is (weird like me!) and would like to see one of these things on their own FJ?
I have tried to contact the manufacturer many times about shipping to Aus but no response! Maybe one of our American (FJ brothers) could work some magic for us?
Would we have enough people to do a group sex buy?
Just some idea's

Here is what I am talking about!

&

&

&

&

&

&

&

You get the idea! these are hotter than a fat chic mollesting a bucket of KFC!!! and I WANT ONE!!! :rawr:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am very interested, the one with the nudge bar is sick, or maybe i could get the one without and attach a slightly shorter nudge bar so the lights lined up with the primary headlights.

At any rate, those are the best bumpers i have seen, i wish someone local would make one like this.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Gives you a $hit hot approach angle to boot... Issue will be import costs, even for a bulk buy. In my opinion we need to get a local fabricator to be able to make these under license or design their own, probably won't happen until there are more FJC's on the ground here.

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
Heres a few pics with a different colored FJ

Here's how FJ's should be shown . In their natural element

Seems to me the "down under crowd", must see lots of mods that could be useful to you, from America.
Maybe you could get a shipper on board and all of you can order stuff, from all the vendors that you want stuff from, have them shipped to one container. Then whatever that take up, you all can split the shipping .
I depends on how much stuff you all get to how beneficial this could be .
Just a thought .
I suppose if you ordered enough from one place, they may work out something to get it to your shipping container
This is just a thought . I know you all would like to have the support that we already enjoy, but until you find more local sources this may be a choice .
thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
Don,

This is why I love FJ's and this forum, that is one tight rig!

Peter :cheers:
Peter
thanks buddy
I suspect I will be saying the same about yours. It seems you will put your own spin on the FJ platform . I bet it will have a little more spunk to :cheers:
Don

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Gives you a $hit hot approach angle to boot... Issue will be import costs, even for a bulk buy. In my opinion we need to get a local fabricator to be able to make these under license or design their own, probably won't happen until there are more FJC's on the ground here.
Hi, I had the same problem when I bought guitars from the U.S.
Eventually I found a shipping company in Texas called "Bonvu.com"
Just a quick example on the $ savings.

My last purchase was in Feb.2011.
Shipping from Denver to Perth W.A
USPS=$500.00
UPS=$700.00
Fedex and DHL...both $750.00
I jumped onto the Bonvu site, registered and filled out the shipping calculator.
The USPS option was the cheapest, the total amount was as follows.
Fedex parcel to Bonvu in Texas from Denver= $50.00
Then from Bonvu using USPS to Perth Oz = $75.00+$19.00 handling...
...Total cost shipped to me $144.00. A huge saving from the original quotes.
Bonvu will ship anything, anysize, and no, I don't work for them.
Anyhoo, that was only an acoustic guitar, I dread to think what the shipping cost would be for the Road armor bumper but it does look pretty cool and If anyone is game...well you can pencil me in.
All the best...Neil

·
Banned
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
^ I Love you Neil (not in a gay way)

Should I update the first post with a list of people who would buy one of these?????

Then I can resend a request to the manufacturer? we can then ship it on a boat to save freight? just throwing up idea's.

·
Banned
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great news as off right now!

^ I am in direct talks with Road Armor and will have some pricing delivered for all of us soon. I'll even stock the product (to keep some costs more reasonable). I will stock these for us in Australia.

If people can tell me what they want, plain version, or with bull bar (light bar), would be great.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I prefer the look of the one with the light bar and also like the look of the full bar but would be interested to know the weights of each... Will they work with the airbag sensor?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Great news as off right now!

^ I am in direct talks with Road Armor and will have some pricing delivered for all of us soon. I'll even stock the product (to keep some costs more reasonable). I will stock these for us in Australia.

If people can tell me what they want, plain version, or with bull bar (light bar), would be great.
That's great news, good effort mister.

·
Registered
69 Posts
RICE, you're a legend. Besides being a closet homo. ;)

I'm keen for the one with the light bar, as is in picture número 1.

Oh, "and tell 'em the price son!". And in all seriousness, thanks for putting in some hard yards to sort this out. I'm not guaranteeing that I'll buy. But very, very interested.

Cheers.

·
Banned
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm on it boys :)

ETA for the firm pricing is Tuesday or so (July 4 holiday for them here).

I'll get all the details and higher res photo's from RA and the designer, post em up and be taking orders once I put the pricing up, the more we get the better but I will look to get an initial shipment of around 10 bars (if the demand is there obviously). It will be first in best dressed basis for this first shipment. Will work out good for us who are waiting for cars etc.

Thanks for the help from our USA brothers :wave:

·
Registered
59 Posts
depends on the price as to which one, but also, can i see the specs and weight of each bar anywhere? thanks for looking into this for us.

·
Banned
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess one of my concerns is the lack of a number plate on any of the pictures?
I'm going to put mine over the which slot, its not too hard to drill/tap a few holes as required. I can do this to peoples bars if requested/needed.

Same for making a plate to cover the top section where a which would go for non winch users, I'll make that available to people upon request (that is if this gets off the ground) :)

Start Tuesday or so with prices etc as said.:ninja:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts