Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
So what is this then??? > http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/73384-new-fabricator-road-armor.html

Can someone please confirm? I dont need to be wasting my time, or having customers who will be in any doubts cause someone said search this!!!!

If its o.k. now let me know!
Riceman - who are you talking to? The other thread died years ago - and from reading some of the posts I don't think you will be thanked for resurrecting it! (read Capt Sensible's comment). Athena will probably chime in and ask you to be nice to them, but Layonnn is advising that you do your own research and make up your own mind from whatever sources are available. From what I have read, I personally wouldn't go anywhere near RA, especially from Australia where you have limited recourse.

My 0.02c :cheers:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Riceman - who are you talking to? The other thread died years ago - and from reading some of the posts I don't think you will be thanked for resurrecting it! (read Capt Sensible's comment). Athena will probably chime in and ask you to be nice to them, but Layonnn is advising that you do your own research and make up your own mind from whatever sources are available. From what I have read, I personally wouldn't go anywhere near RA, especially from Australia where you have limited recourse.

My 0.02c :cheers:
If we stop posting this thread will go that way too...

I'll give you $1 for your comment though :cheers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guys, Travis asked me to jump on this thread. I prefered not to as in the past any efforts to rectify or present fact on the improvements and change that has taken place at Road Armor was met with people constantly wanting to harp on past issues. Based on that I took the liberty of becoming absent from this forum in hopes that the passing time would present the truth of our improvements without the need of any further debate. Unfortunately from some of the thread posts here that is not the case.

I dont want to create a long drawn out post. In efforts to make things short and to the point the things I will say are not meant to be derogatory or negative but only to bring the the surface what we have done as a company to make the changes and improvements in order to overcome our past problems with product supply. Like many companies during the time periods from when these posts where made, we were in the midst of one of the worst recessions this country has seen since the Great Depression. We did our best to keep things going. We made it through and along the way created a better situation for Road Armor mfg. than we have ever had.

For guys wanting to continue to bring up forum posts, etc.. internet research etc.. I challenge you to find a post or complaint that has happened in the last 1.5 years, even two years. To be honest I dont spend my time searching the net for these things, but I can tell you we have had a 98% shipping accuracy of 4 days or less on retail orders since 2010. We have over 400 units in stock currently. I have made this comment before and I will again to the guys wanting to continually bring up the past. The past is the past. I cannot change it, it is out there. I can only make sure it does not happen again, which I have. If you dont believe us come visit our facility in person. I will give you a tour. I am actually here all week right now test fitting new product with travis. If you dont want to take me up on my offer again, then let the past become just that and spend your time finding out what we are doing in the present.

·
Banned
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Excellent, thanks for the FACTS on your current business ;)
Best bumpers for the FJ, and good on you for fixing the past issues the interweb and forums love to gag over :boohoo:

RA FTW!

Who wants in let me know today. Otherwise I'll just place an order for myself and have the coolest bumper in Australia :)

:ninja:

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Hey guys, Travis asked me to jump on this thread. I prefered not to as in the past any efforts to rectify or present fact on the improvements and change that has taken place at Road Armor was met with people constantly wanting to harp on past issues. Based on that I took the liberty of becoming absent from this forum in hopes that the passing time would present the truth of our improvements without the need of any further debate. Unfortunately from some of the thread posts here that is not the case.

I dont want to create a long drawn out post. In efforts to make things short and to the point the things I will say are not meant to be derogatory or negative but only to bring the the surface what we have done as a company to make the changes and improvements in order to overcome our past problems with product supply. Like many companies during the time periods from when these posts where made, we were in the midst of one of the worst recessions this country has seen since the Great Depression. We did our best to keep things going. We made it through and along the way created a better situation for Road Armor mfg. than we have ever had.

For guys wanting to continue to bring up forum posts, etc.. internet research etc.. I challenge you to find a post or complaint that has happened in the last 1.5 years, even two years. To be honest I dont spend my time searching the net for these things, but I can tell you we have had a 98% shipping accuracy of 4 days or less on retail orders since 2010. We have over 400 units in stock currently. I have made this comment before and I will again to the guys wanting to continually bring up the past. The past is the past. I cannot change it, it is out there. I can only make sure it does not happen again, which I have. If you dont believe us come visit our facility in person. I will give you a tour. I am actually here all week right now test fitting new product with travis. If you dont want to take me up on my offer again, then let the past become just that and spend your time finding out what we are doing in the present.
I think it is good that you came on and are willing to admit that mistakes were made and you have worked to rectify them. Everyone deserves a second chance.

The forum has a few people that have bad things to say about the bumper I was looking at; however, after speaking with the owner of the company a few times, I got comfortable with the product and their commitment to customer service. Long story short, I could not be happier with my choice (note: my bumper is not a Road Armor).

...so are the Aussies going to take a chance?

·
Registered
117 Posts

you do realise we are 16 hours away by plane from the usa and cant just drop by for a visit!

good to hear you have your issues sorted :bigthumb:

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think it is good that you came on and are willing to admit that mistakes were made and you have worked to rectify them. Everyone deserves a second chance.

The forum has a few people that have bad things to say about the bumper I was looking at; however, after speaking with the owner of the company a few times, I got comfortable with the product and their commitment to customer service. Long story short, I could not be happier with my choice (note: my bumper is not a Road Armor).

...so are the Aussies going to take a chance?
I concur with this, of course the proof of the pudding will be in the eating and since Riceman is going ahead anyway (from what he has said) then I think he can experience first hand the positive changes that have occurred and report back. I don't think anyone has ever criticised the product itself and the fact that issues have apparently been addressed is great.

Good luck to RA and Riceman - good luck, we look forward to seeing the pictures of your turbo'ed FJC with Road Armour front bumper in the coming months :cheers:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Road Armour/Travis

Have you refunded or provided the products those people ordered all those years ago? Or is there still a dispute about non delivery and un answered emails and phone calls.

It's important to me because I might Purchase Road Armour products if they have filled those customers orders that were so poorly treated in the past.

I understand that Road Armour wants people to see the company in the new light that its painting for its self but unless the old customers have been properly looked after now that RA is back on its feet, I couldn't take the risk myself.

Cheers
FJGav

·
Registered
427 Posts
Road Armour/Travis

Have you refunded or provided the products those people ordered all those years ago? Or is there still a dispute about non delivery and un answered emails and phone calls.

It's important to me because I might Purchase Road Armour products if they have filled those customers orders that were so poorly treated in the past.

I understand that Road Armour wants people to see the company in the new light that its painting for its self but unless the old customers have been properly looked after now that RA is back on its feet, I couldn't take the risk myself.

Cheers
FJGav
Bump

·
Registered
69 Posts
People who want in on it:

1: RICE RACING
2: Fakuna
3: Shmacky
4: AUSSIE CRUISER
5: turbulence

I thought I would start a thread on this cause it kinda gets lost in others etc.

I would like to know who is (weird like me!) and would like to see one of these things on their own FJ?
I have tried to contact the manufacturer many times about shipping to Aus but no response! Maybe one of our American (FJ brothers) could work some magic for us?
Would we have enough people to do a group buy?
Just some idea's

Hello RR,

Here are two e-mail addresses for Road Armor.
The first is for the newly appointed Australian agent,
OPW SALES, Sydney. [[email protected]]
The second is for the ramrod of sales at the Road Armor factory, Peter Dahmen. [[email protected]] if you cant get him, ask for Fred.

:cheers:

41 - 57 of 57 Posts