Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FJ runs smooth again!!! no FJ shimmey(as I like to call it lol) no vibration between 50 and 65mph.......guys find a shop(more than likely your toyota dealership will have it) that has a hunter gsp 9700......my FJ runs as smooth now with my BFG ATs as it did with the Dunlops......I am VERY happy

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I just had my GDY MTR's 305's installed and the the tire shop put in some kind of glass silicone beads to balance them. I had the FJ wagon wheel disease for about 10 mins and now its just like stock. Super Smooth. They use these in all the big truck tires now from what the tire shop said. They started using them in LT tires just to try them and so far its working great. They will even adjust after a short time if you have rocks stuck in the tread or mud on the inside of the wheels which would throw out the balance on a normal weighted balance job.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I just had my GDY MTR's 305's installed and the the tire shop put in some kind of glass silicone beads to balance them. I had the FJ wagon wheel disease for about 10 mins and now its just like stock. Super Smooth. They use these in all the big truck tires now from what the tire shop said. They started using them in LT tires just to try them and so far its working great. They will even adjust after a short time if you have rocks stuck in the tread or mud on the inside of the wheels which would throw out the balance on a normal weighted balance job.
Dynabeads is a popular brand of these. How is your balance of the wheels below 30 mph???

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Its fine. Wheel shimmy is totally gone.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
OKay, i thought about these for my swampers. I have heard many mixed results. Mostly that they don't work very well at lower speeds but rather are designed for highway speeds. Others say they work at all speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts