Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. I looked for this and cannot find it but need a quick answer asap. I bought by TT lite yesterday..they are ordering parts for it that I still want.

It did not have the rock rails on it..is that an easy install? And are their better ones that I want instead of the factory ones? I can get them ordered but need to do so today.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Rock Rails.....aka: Sliders are an easy install. 8 bolts perside although you might want an extra set of hands to manhandle them into position. I am sure you could do it yourself but just to make it easier.

The type you buy is pretty much a persoanl taste thing. The Toyota OEM sliders are tucked up tight to the body and do not offer any sort of step assist. Delmello and All pro offer a kick out for extra protection.

Personally ....Bang for Buck you can't beat the Trail Gear sliders. Right now there is a group buy at $215. Can't beat that price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..I will look at those and not sweat the dealer option! I can't wait till I can drive it home! TRD exhaust is on backorder..so that gets installed in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I have a set of DeMello hybrids and I love them, a couple of safety jacks and I had both sides installed in under 30 minutes, solo.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rock Rails.....aka: Sliders are an easy install. 8 bolts perside although you might want an extra set of hands to manhandle them into position. I am sure you could do it yourself but just to make it easier.

The type you buy is pretty much a persoanl taste thing. The Toyota OEM sliders are tucked up tight to the body and do not offer any sort of step assist. Delmello and All pro offer a kick out for extra protection.

Personally ....Bang for Buck you can't beat the Trail Gear sliders. Right now there is a group buy at $215. Can't beat that price.
What he said!, The TRD rockrails are way over priced and suck. I have the Allpro and love them. Very easy install.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome... Metal Tech makes probably the strongest sliders on the market... and they look great. Here is a video of how easy it is to install any rock rails on the FJC.

FJ Cruiser Rock Rail Install video

1 - 9 of 9 Posts