Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have ALL-PROS and am very happy with them! They have saved much more than their cost in rocker damage after just a couple times out.
Got at SUMMIT racing. Used discount code and only $17 shipping! Had in 3 days!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Have ALL-PROS and am very happy with them! They have saved much more than their cost in rocker damage after just a couple times out.
Do you remember how much discount? Just curious, I just missed a $20 one a few days ago. I called and talked to Summit and he said sign up for email and they run some pretty good sales and people on email are the first to know.

Do you paint or powered coat them? I have heard on here several guys doing the bed liner spray on I think that would look good?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Summit is showing 2 entries for the All-Pro Apex sliders... AOF-2004APEXKIT and AOF-AP-306633
Only difference I've been able to discern is the price. Summit hasn't responded to my question about any difference.

Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don’t think there is a difference other than the price, but I didn’t get a response from Summit Racing either. I ordered the cheaper part number AOF-2004APEXKIT and it was correct for the FJ. Exactly what I was expecting: kick out sliders with filler plates and mounting hardware. Just picked them up from the powder coater on Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am getting set from Orangeboxx soon. I have had some of their other products and could not be more satisfied. I have met the owner and his staff. They are fabulous. All their stuff f is heavy duty and meticulously constructed. The welds are clean and Ce metric and smooth as silk. They offer custom fabrication that is only limited by your imagination. I would highly recommend them. I loom forward to installing the rock sliders this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Stopped by Shrockworks shop today, visited with Justin a bit and, when I asked about it, he showed me a prototype CAD drawing of their sliders with a kickout and up-angled. Very nice, he said could fab a set up in about a day at this point but wasn't sure about the clearances on the FJ with the dimpled die plates, but that the straight tube version would certainly clear.

Big fan of their quality and heavy duty design, too bad they don't do a rear bumper.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,929 Posts
In typical FJX2000 fashion, here are a bunch of photos of the sliders I found. Couldn't find all the different manufacturers sliders on their websites, so some may not be available anymore.

All-Pro

ARB

Bud Built

Demello Offroad

Expedition One

Garvin Wilderness Products

Metal Tech 4x4

Orange Boxx Fabrication

Outpost Offroad Products

Rasta 4x4

RCI

Rocky Road

Shrockworks

Stubbs Welding

Trail Gear

White Knuckle Offroad

Attachments

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,929 Posts
When are we getting these added to the comparison?

·
Premium Member
12,179 Posts
Stopped by Shrockworks shop today, visited with Justin a bit and, when I asked about it, he showed me a prototype CAD drawing of their sliders with a kickout and up-angled. Very nice, he said could fab a set up in about a day at this point but wasn't sure about the clearances on the FJ with the dimpled die plates, but that the straight tube version would certainly clear.

Big fan of their quality and heavy duty design, too bad they don't do a rear bumper.
I've been to their shop a few times when I lived in the Houston. Good folks and always willing to help.

·
Premium Member
2010 FJ Cruiser
2 Posts
FJ Cruiser Heavy Duty Rock Sliders | RESZ Fabrication

RESZ Fab - $529, Kickout also available
Description

Made from both square and round tubing with wall thicknesses of 1/8″.

Main tube that runs under the rocker is 3″ x 2″
Legs going to frame are 2″ x 2″
Round tube is 1.75 x .120″ DOM tubing.
Mounting plates to the frame are a hefty 3/8″ thick
Additional information

WEIGHT 95 lbs
DIMENSIONS 62 x 18 x 8 in
FINISH
Bare Metal, Powder Coat
Hey RocketRob,

I know this is an old post, but I'm thinking about getting the RESZ Fab sliders with kickout and filler plate. Do you have these or know someone who does? I'd love to see a pic of them bolted on from different angles. I've seen the pics on the RESZ website, but wanting to get a a few more looks before pulling the trigger. Thanks

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Resz Fabrication does gorgeous work, no doubt. Might want to read through this thread before ordering though. If you're willing to wait, it's all good.

·
Premium Member
2010 FJ Cruiser
2 Posts
Resz Fabrication does gorgeous work, no doubt. Might want to read through this thread before ordering though. If you're willing to wait, it's all good.

Thanks for sharing. That's really helpful.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts