Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time reader, first time poster.... I recently placed my order for the Rocktek front bumper. It's my first major mod, and I'm psyched!! I've been through the posts multiple times during my evaluation of bumpers and for mounting instructions. My questions are around winch and skid fitment. I understand the bumper was designed around Warn winches, otherwise the selectors have to be re-clocked or modified. I was wondering what other winches fit without modification? Also I'm interested in aluminum skid plates. I saw someone had an issue with Ricochet fitting out of the box. Does anyone have any experience with fitment issues from Ricochet, Rasta, or otherwise? Thanks I appreciate any input.

:cheers:

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have a regular Ricochet bash plate front skid on my RockTek, it was originally from my stock bumper. The only modification I had to do to the skid plate was cut it down about 1/4" above the center mounting points. A little grinding to smooth the edges, a rattle can, now it looks just like it was made for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I appreciate the quick follow up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts