Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone remembers the run to the wild animal shelter months ago, that famous Bear we all took pictures of was in the news today for attacking its trainer. The pictures they showed of the bear was from the event we attended. I remember the pictures from the numerous pictures we all posted. Quite unfortunate. Maybe standing behind the fence wasn't such a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
That's a real bummer. It just goes to show you can never tame a wild animal. they should be respected and admired, not trained. Also rocky was the bear Will Ferrell was wrestling in his latest basketball movie preview.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just heard the incident happened in an animal sanctuary as well. Yikes.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
so unfortunate... i hope the trainer is ok
It was a fatal attack. It's not the same trainer as the one at the event we attended.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
yea, trainer was killed, cant blame the bear, it was just being a bear

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
But they say they will probably never use him again in a movie again, too much liability with one known incident.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
But they say they will probably never use him again in a movie again, too much liability with one known incident.
Get him into rehab and hire a really good therapist. Worked for Rober Downy Jr....

·
Registered
68 Posts
so you think we'll be seeing this incident, on the next "when animals attack"

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
He'll be lucky if he survives. I'm surprised he didn't get shot on the spot.. Ron
He was in a cage when this happens. I think this is the reason he's not been put down. When an animal leaves the cage and attacks, it's a different story.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I didn't want to post a big deal about this because I was concerned some people would freak about the next kitty trip.

If anybody has questions about it please PM me... I don't want to post about friends on a public forum. It was very much on the playful/accidental side and didn't even qualify as an attack.

I got a PM from someone tonite saying:

"...Can you please tell me if there is any connection between Forever Wild and animal trainer who was killed?

I am all for the rescue of wild animals, but cannot in any way support an activity that uses wild animals for entertainment or profit.

If there is any connection between the facilities or people, I will have to decline the opportunity to visit Forever Wild.

Thank you."

That type of misconception just fries me beyond belief, especially when these guys work with the animals to pay for food and enclosures. They make zero money. Randy Miller sleeps in a friggin mobile home because he loves the animals and is doing the best he can to take care of them or else they will be euthanized by Fish and Game.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
hell even my cat ive had for 16 years just recently bit me and for no reason animals are quirky i call freak accident and thats that

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
edit

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Now that I'm on a roll, I am feeling a little defensive because I've had some harassing PM's.

1. Rocky is NOT a wild animal. He was one of 4 cubs that were about to be euthanized by the feds under the law.

2. Randy raised him by hand, and worked with him almost every day.

3. This was a case where tooth met artery. It was not an "attack"; it was playfulness just as thugasaur says. They doubt Rocky even knew what he was doing.

4. To answer some rather elitist PMs I've got, guys like Randy make virtually no money. They love the animals and this is the only way that you can afford to pay the upkeep. The animals love to get out, just like your dog does.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
hey Todd people who grow up around and love animals understand, its arm chair quarterbacks who have no understanding that make snap judgments and punish those who sacrifice for what they believe in

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
hey Todd people who grow up around and love animals understand, its arm chair quarterbacks who have no understanding that make snap judgments and punish those who sacrifice for what they believe in
Hey thank you thug. That is a very nice comment. Exactly what I needed cuz I have been thru hell the last few days. People really like to kick you when you're down. Again thank you for that.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts