Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what happens to an FJ that rolls? I was recently very close to rolling and almost found out first hand.Has anyone seen an FJ with a roll bar?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Does anybody know what happens to an FJ that rolls? I was recently very close to rolling and almost found out first hand.Has anyone seen an FJ with a roll bar?
The damage from a roll depends on so many factors there is no way to definitively answer that question. Having rolled one slowly down a steep embankment I will say the FJ held up quite well. Although it was severely damaged (totalled) I was able to drive it back to camp 6 miles away.

Air2Air, Sbechtold and others have cages. Do a search.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/40012-roll-bars.html

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Air2air has a little build up of his roll bar. Expect a few things. LOT of money. no more curtain airbags. Possibly wearing a helmet or some really good padding.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Bad stuff happens when you roll the FJ, Air2air has a roll cage in his FJ, and so do other members. Just try to keep the wheels on the ground!!!:simmadown:

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
You will at least need new mirrors

·
Registered
337 Posts
do a search on the forum.....i was in the same scenario this last winter....put mine in a ditch to avoid a truck on a ice covered bridge.....soooo close to rolling got me to thinking the same thing.....but i have put my faith in the toyota engineering of the fj:cheers:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have been having thoughts of a roll cage myself. I know I always felt safer in the Jeep with a full cage.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
There are pics on this forum of several that have rolled. All faired very well (from an occupant safety standpoint) but they were all relatively slow rolls. I haven't seen pics of any that went sideways at 75 mph and rolled 1/2 dozen or more times. I'm not sure I'd want to see those pics.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Of course I will, my middle name is Dangerous, well its actually Edward but you know what I mean.
You'll need a Hi Lift Jack and recovery gear to run with the Outlaws:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts