Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did Toyota fail to put roll bars in the FJ, and why are there just limited aftermarket rollbars available??? :mecry:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Most suv's don't have roll bars buddy. They have strong enough roofs to prevent collapse in a roll over.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've seen an FJ rollover... first roll... the roof sort of held... on the second roll... bad **** happened to the occupants. FJs are not normal SUVs. They need roll bars.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
If you want to have one installed, talk to sbechtold. He used a place called fcfabrication or something. Go to pirate4x4 and you will see the guy he used and shows how he did it.
Plus, your curtain airbags will no longer work and you should seriously pad the bars so you don't get knocked unconscious or die in a fender bender.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Toyota does not put roll bars in FJs because this is a mass market vehicle. THey need to have it appeal to people that will never take it off road as well s those that will. They also need to keep weight down as much as possible to keep MPG figures within reason.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to have one installed, talk to sbechtold. He used a place called fcfabrication or something. Go to pirate4x4 and you will see the guy he used and shows how he did it.
Thanks! After seeing that rollover... well... damn... time for some roll bars.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

·
965 Posts
There have been a a couple rollovers on the board and the folks walked away.

See this thread for one that I think was one of the worst granted every roll over is different

For most folks a roll cage is excess weight and cost they will never need and in some cases it will cause people to do things that are above their ability.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Why did Toyota fail to put roll bars in the FJ, and why are there just limited aftermarket rollbars available??? :mecry:
i know some folks in the film biz that can do roll bars in your FJ or any vehicle if you like. PM me and I will ask around. BTW the people I am talking about install the roll bars for the stunt men who really need these bars to help protect their lives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts