Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nope! :)

I just found this group buy and went to the site and when you go to check out you should see a discount :rocker:

Industrial Forming if you need my info I paid paypal and it's going to 08805

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ordered... Thanks a ton, great group purchase power.
Great site and easy checkout, Industrial Forming... nice to see simple is not passe.

Andrew
Proud 2010 TT OWNer

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Go to the Industrial Forming website. When you hit the checkout, see if you don't see the discount. You should.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I believe Dick said the discount is in effect until 3/23. So go order now!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ok picked up my cover last night and did the install. I will not post pictures unless someone needs some because they are on the web sight and you will have yours soon.

The install was very simple I expected to have some type of screws to secure the cover but was provided velcro for that. People who purchased the locking version may have a means of securing the cover other than velcro you will just have to wait and see.

I decided against the locking version because if they broke into the car they will break into the cover. In my eyes it just keeps honest people honest and the people I hang with are very honest.

That being said my first thoughts after setting in place other than this cover is cool was noticing the lip all around the inside and what a perfect opportunity to have a tray sitting on it creating a false bottom to store more valuable items for those who are concerned, this would give you a tray to store the little things and a larger box underneath for larger items. I will Contact Dick and see if they could create this accessory to their console cover and hope it would be worth their time and effort.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Ok picked up my cover last night and did the install. I will not post pictures unless someone needs some because they are on the web sight and you will have yours soon.

The install was very simple I expected to have some type of screws to secure the cover but was provided velcro for that. People who purchased the locking version may have a means of securing the cover other than velcro you will just have to wait and see.

I decided against the locking version because if they broke into the car they will break into the cover. In my eyes it just keeps honest people honest and the people I hang with are very honest.

That being said my first thoughts after setting in place other than this cover is cool was noticing the lip all around the inside and what a perfect opportunity to have a tray sitting on it creating a false bottom to store more valuable items for those who are concerned, this would give you a tray to store the little things and a larger box underneath for larger items. I will Contact Dick and see if they could create this accessory to their console cover and hope it would be worth their time and effort.
3/8/10

Thanks for your comments, FJ. We could provide an inner plate that would act as a removable floor. As we form the Cover, the inner section contains
a floor that is cut out. One forum member in the past requested his Cover with the floor intact- he wanted to mount his CB radio on the floor. Never heard any further how the project came out. I have considered making a drop-in "vault" that would bolt through the bottom of the console well and fasten to the frame of the car. The vault would fit inside a non-locking Panamint cover. Probably use 1/8" thick stainless steel with a recessed removable top that also had a recessed lock - very similar to a floor safe. I'm not sure how much of a market exists for the "vault" approach. Like you say, maybe you don't want someone trying to pry out the vault and messing up the rest of the car. Any comments?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anything with a lock is an invitation to 'rip it out'.... I typically through my wallet and cell phone under the seat or floor mat... it would be great to have somewhere to put it without it being an easy target.... what do most people do with an FJ that is not over the top? My console cover should arrive tomorrow and I like the idea of a false floor under the divider = especially if you could fit a wallet and phone in the space..

·
Registered
364 Posts
3/8/10

Thanks for your comments, FJ. We could provide an inner plate that would act as a removable floor. As we form the Cover, the inner section contains
a floor that is cut out. One forum member in the past requested his Cover with the floor intact- he wanted to mount his CB radio on the floor. Never heard any further how the project came out. I have considered making a drop-in "vault" that would bolt through the bottom of the console well and fasten to the frame of the car. The vault would fit inside a non-locking Panamint cover. Probably use 1/8" thick stainless steel with a recessed removable top that also had a recessed lock - very similar to a floor safe. I'm not sure how much of a market exists for the "vault" approach. Like you say, maybe you don't want someone trying to pry out the vault and messing up the rest of the car. Any comments?
I think just a little tray that would sit on the inside lip would be great. If I get the chance maybe I could stop by your shop this week and discuss my needs

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I agree with the posts regarding locks are only for honest people. I also agree that if someone breaks into your car, they will also break into any lock you may have on the console. I wanted the lock mainly for just making sure stuff doesn't wander off when you take your truck to a carwash or a parking garage. Plus, that locking console will keep young ones from snooping around and finding something they shouldn't.

Having a tray or false bottom does seem like a great idea too. So please continue the feedback if you guys come up with a good idea.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Mine was delivered today. It took me longer to clean out the console than to install it. Thanks Dick! :king:
Great work.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts