Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
Great product! Perfect fit and super easy installation. It took longer to clean out the cubby than to install.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey Dick,

I have to ask - how or why did your company decide to make this product for the FJ? It is completely unrelated to the other products on your website. Just curious....

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
Hey Dick,

I have to ask - how or why did your company decide to make this product for the FJ? It is completely unrelated to the other products on your website. Just curious....
From what I recall he owns an FJ and has access to the machinery necessary to produce the console.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Hey Dick,

I thought Dick is Father in Law to member Sandi_K. This was something long in development and is a great add. There was talk Sandi_K was going to sell her FJ. One of the oldtimers (to the Forum, not her age....... aw, never mind).

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Received mine on Friday and installed it on Saturday morning, in about 15 minutes. Works like a charm. I am glad I got the lock. All the extra screws really secure it in there. Not like it is going to keep a thief from completely destroying it, but it will keep the somewhat honest guy at the car wash or the parking garage from coon fingering my stuff. Had the FJC come with a locking glove box, the locking console cover would not be necessary. That flat tray when the cover is closed is a plus too.

Great product. Thanks Dick.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Got my cover on Wednesday but had to wait until Saturday to install it. Installation was simple and once in place, it looks like a factory option.

Good work Dick!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quick question (for anyone really)

I just installed mine today, I decided to go without the locking option. How long do we expect the adhesive strips to last? I pressed down on them quite firmly and it feels solid. I'm just hesitant to pull the top back with "normal" force if that makes sense and have the lid lift off.

Anyone run into problems with the adhesive over time?

Great product!

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is this offer still available? How do you get the discount to apply?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I thought Dick is Father in Law to member Sandi_K. This was something long in development and is a great add. There was talk Sandi_K was going to sell her FJ. One of the oldtimers (to the Forum, not her age....... aw, never mind).
Sorry for the delay in answering - the tax man had my attention -3/15 is due date for corporations. Sandi_K is my daughter-in-law with David (son #2) living in the bay area with her FJ Cruiser. She has her Cruiser listed for sale. Back problems dictated smoother riding car.

Dan, Gloria (son and daughter-in-law) and I own and operate Industrial Forming in Ventura =Southern California. Our specialty, plastic vacuum forming, is a natural for short run specialty items. The tooling is about 1/10 the cost of injection molds with a wide variety of choice of materials that can be formed.

Sandi's complaining about the open "hole" in her console led to the development of the roll-top cover. It's been a good experience at bringing a new product to market. The forum is a great vehicle for weeding out the problems and getting customer guidance on new developments. I really do appreciate all your feedback!

Sounds like we have a new target cut out for us - an up-to-date version of the overhead storage and map light assembly. Let me know what you feel are important features.

Happy 4 Wheeling!

Dick Ketchpel
[email protected]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Great product! :cheers:

As soon as you come up with the overhead storage/map light thing i would love to see it. I'm in Lompoc so I will come down to check out any new products, let me know when you get a prototype going.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think the overhead storage is a great idea..... how about making a "factory button" inserts to make it match the factory look and it gives us an opportunity to expand our buttons (roof lights, etc) to the top area.... Just a thought... Id be very interested in this product....:wave::wave:

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Overhead storage of the same quality as the rolltop? I am so in.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Sorry for the delay in answering - the tax man had my attention -3/15 is due date for corporations. Sandi_K is my daughter-in-law with David (son #2) living in the bay area with her FJ Cruiser. She has her Cruiser listed for sale. Back problems dictated smoother riding car.

Sandi's complaining about the open "hole" in her console led to the development of the roll-top cover. It's been a good experience at bringing a new product to market. The forum is a great vehicle for weeding out the problems and getting customer guidance on new developments. I really do appreciate all your feedback!

Dick Ketchpel
[email protected]
Checking in a little late here, but I'm so glad to see my OCD needs resulted in such a great product for the rest of the FJ community. :D

I am so appreciative of Richard's work on this product - it's been a lot of fun to sit on the sidelines and see everyone else's enjoyment as well.

Sandi, whose FJC is up for sale....sob!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,
can anyone provide me with the product link, i want to purchase it, I've looked everywhere and i didn't find it,
thanks.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts