Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the Title suggests... If you suffered trail damage or Even totalled your rig..:mecry: Did you claim it on insurance? If so did they give you grief or smile and sign over the check?
Also who is/was your carrier at the time as I know many companies are not paying for "offroad" accidents these days....Especially if its Modded.:flame:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ran into a low hanging pine tree branch and dented the roof and broke the factory roof rack. Insurance handled it nicely. I have Amerprise through Costco.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have Farmers for insurance; had a trail start to crumble on me last spring, had to bounce off a tree with my passenger side rear quarterpanel to pop back onto the trail- dented in the whole bubbled part, put huge nasty scratches all down the side. Just told farmers I had hit a tree, they never asked if it was offroad... didn't even cost me my whole deductible.
On the offside, now my passenger side is devoid of scratches again, while my drivers side looks like I was rollin in the tumbleweeds:ugh: guess I'll have to have to find something to bounce off on the drivers side this spring:D

07 6mt/ProComp 3inch/ 285 BFG AT's/ ARB fullsize rack/CAI

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ask Do to I wheel pretty hard in the mud and have hit some old strip coal mines while home on R&R..I have seen breif mention of guys getting new engines on insurance after hydrolocking them, Or guys saying they totaled their rigs.. All covered by Insurance I assume. I know several companies will not cover 4x4 damages if offroad, Totaled rides require police reports extra... Just wanting to CMA in the event I stay on the skinny pedal to much at the wrong time!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Check with your insurance. Some companies will cover you regardless of what happens to your vehicle. Some will say that you were offroading on private land and it is not covered, etc.

Also, you should check and see if your mods are covered.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check with your insurance. Some companies will cover you regardless of what happens to your vehicle. Some will say that you were offroading on private land and it is not covered, etc.

Also, you should check and see if your mods are covered.
DID that, scetchy answer, they said I would have to let them see it an determine if it is or isnt...(I have a agent that carries multiple companies) So I am working to finding it out on my own
Thats the main way I found out some companies wont cover Modded vehicles or damages from off road.
Best way to find out about a company is through its customers... SO I posted this thread....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts