Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

no, really, I don't like how the cheap plastic "replacement kit" looks like on the roof where the rack was removed. all the more so, one of the plastic cover I'm already lost so I have to find out what to do with that. I thought about some Thule bars to put it at the same spots as rack but the clearance of my parking garage doesn't gives a chance to put anything on the roof. So, just wanted to ask your opinion guys...

what if to put the rubber molding through out the roof ( on both sides) and in this way cover all the rack mount spots?
Let me know what do you think, guys. Can it be real?)

Many thanks in advance

· Registered
339 Posts
I got the whole kit when I removed the rack (because clearance issues, and I have never once in 10 years needed it). It works and looks good, and I don't care if it's plastic. I could be interested in a low platform for hog and deer hunting, but AFAIK nobody makes such a thing.

I don't worry about sun damage because all of my vehicles are garaged. They cost more than my first house! So that just makes sense to me.

Charlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.