Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody knows where I can get 2 mounts for oem roof rack. I just bought my FJ and realized that 2 mounts are missing. Contacted dealer that bought it from but they can't find it. They are for center "legs" of the rack

Attachments

·
A-Team Moderator
9,472 Posts
I suggest you take it off and seal it up properly. The "feet" are missing, along with the "spools" and long bolts required to mount them once the slip off roof cap is removed. Are the other 4 roof color matched caps in the vehicle?

Check Craigslist or our For Sale section for another rack. Aftermarket knock-off's on Amazon for $250 could be used for parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suggest you take it off and seal it up properly. The "feet" are missing, along with the "spools" and long bolts required to mount them once the slip off roof cap is removed. Are the other 4 roof color matched caps in the vehicle?

Check Craigslist or our For Sale section for another rack. Aftermarket knock-off's on Amazon for $250 could be used for parts.

Thanks for good info.
Previous owner took roof rack off few years ago. When he traded FJ in he brought it with him without 2 legs and dealer mounted like that. It looks properly sealed. I keep looking at junk yards but nobody has FJ's. Toyota dealer is my next stop. I don't want to buy $200 cheap roof rack just for 2 parts- I'll keep that as a last resort

·
A-Team Moderator
9,472 Posts
"looks" properly sealed. If the dealer mounted it like that, I'd be replacing all the bolts, fiber & mastic washers. IMHO Buy a new hardware kit at the very least. Cheap insurance from leaks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I’ll be replacing my factory rack later this month. You’re welcome to pillage the parts you need once I remove it. I’m located near Pittsburgh PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts