Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I really did not notice any thhing annoying from the set up the only problem we had wa a whing nut came lose from the high lift jack we installed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My roof rack rattled and made wind noise. I took a clue from another poster who used electrical tape to take up the looseness in the adjustable ends of the crossbars. Using a Torx bit, I took off each crossbar end, and wrapped it in 2 layers of Pasco 10mil PVC Pipe wrap (PN 9052), leaving a gap where the shoulder bolts thread in. You can't see any of the tape, but the rattle is gone. I moved the 3 bottom crossbars to the back of the rack and pulled off the top bar and put it in the garage.....I wonder why there are 3 bottom bars and one top bar? I would have liked a pair of top bars. Better yet, why didn't they design the bars as universal fit, so they would fit anywhere on the dam rack?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I found the bars on then bottom are longer than the bar on top, as the top bar will only fit on the bottom row in the very back.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I finally heard the infamous roof rack noise on mine.... tightened up the wing nuts and it went away.... I may tape them up as well if the wing nuts keep coming loose....

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Weedo said:
I have the Roof Rack and the Off Road Lights on the way. It looks like the "wind scoop" that makes up the Off Road Lights' housing should act as a buffer. (You can see what it looks like in the upper right part of the web site....look up....now over to the right... :D )

Can you tell me where to find the part numbers, etc for the wind deflector and lights?

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just took the cross bars off until I'm going to use them. I believe the noise is coming from the sliding end of the crossbars. I was thinking of wedging something into the sliding side but it's a whole lot easier to wash the roof with the cross bars removed.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts