Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Yes there are. Call the dealer for the plastic pieces or ask the forum to see if anyone still have them after they added racks.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The bolts are too long to seal up the holes. You could always put a little silicone around the covers to make sure they are sealed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There is a bracket with 2 10mm bolts that have special washers to keep out water.

Don't drive very far without the covers on. I made this mistake when I bought my roof rack from another forum member. I took the covers/brackets off the night before the 4.5 hour drive and it whistled non-stop. I had a very bad headache by the time I got there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The bolts to fill the holes without a roof rack are shorter than the bolts that hold on the roof rack.You also need rubber backed sealing washers,I think they come in a kit from Toyota.The white plastic pieces are for asthetic purposes,to make it all look better.I used sealing washers from Ace hardware when I installed my used roof rack with some black RTV to be safe.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
reason why I want to take off is, company is moving to new ground where we get low parking places in the basement.
thanks so far

1 - 10 of 10 Posts