Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 2014 FJ Cruiser Urban PKG last Aug., and it doesn't come with the roof rack. I was told that the Urban PKG doesn't come with it. I am wondering whether it is true or not, because I haven't seen a FJ Cruiser without a roof rack on the road.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Urban package is some kind of dealer thing, but its not unusual to buy/order an FJ without a roof rack. It was a $629 dollar Toyota Accessory when I bought my 2010 and it would be installed at the port of entry. Based on everything I read on the forum, most said to skip it since it was a huge ripoff at $629. If I recall at the time the Gobi Racks were something like $900 for a way better rack and the Baja Racks were like $600. Prices on aftermarket racks have since climbed to $1k+.

Anyhow, not unusual at all to come without the rack as it was an optional accessory.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Urban package is some kind of dealer thing, but its not unusual to buy/order an FJ without a roof rack. It was a $629 dollar Toyota Accessory when I bought my 2010 and it would be installed at the port of entry. Based on everything I read on the forum, most said to skip it since it was a huge ripoff at $629. If I recall at the time the Gobi Racks were something like $900 for a way better rack and the Baja Racks were like $600. Prices on aftermarket racks have since climbed to $1k+.

Anyhow, not unusual at all to come without the rack as it was an optional accessory.
Thank you for the clarification!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought the 2014 FJ Cruiser Urban PKG last Aug., and it doesn't come with the roof rack. I was told that the Urban PKG doesn't come with it. I am wondering whether it is true or not, because I haven't seen a FJ Cruiser without a roof rack on the road.
Urban Pkg eh, must be a Canadian thing.

Urban Package. I expected a 2 WD with 20" wheels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts