Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Admin
31,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retainers, Brackets, bolts, etc.

NOTE: The HW/Hardware Bolt Kit comes with the required Mastic & Fiber washers.

A0 ( < that's a ZERO) refers to the WHITE Roof paint color on the "Cover, Roof Drip" / rack delete. Other roof colors are a different part number.

FYI: there's long and short bolts. Long for rack, short for the delete kit.

Line Text Parallel Diagram

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system

Plastic wrap

Auto part

Games Technology Mahjong Electronics Electronic device

· Admin
6,872 Posts
Useful thanks.

Does anyone have a pic or know which way round the brackets (as your last pic I think) fit... stupidly I took off my rack without noting this and if I sell the rack someone is going to need to know.

· Admin
31,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Kudos to you Hannibal! Last week I was at a Toyota dealership in LA to get replacement parts for a new rack I was about to install and was trying to order all these parts. The parts department guy was typing away for about 15 minutes and couldn't find the parts, and I think just gave up and told me "they don't make them anymore". I pulled up this post on my phone and in less than a minute he was able to find the parts.

· Registered
2007 Silver FJ ~130k
194 Posts
Does anyone know what material the main round tubes of the factory roof rack are made of? I don't think they are steel because a magnet won't stick. They seem a little too strong for plastic. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance

· Registered
2016, TOYOTA, FJ Cruiser, 4WD | Stock GXR GCC Import
49 Posts
Does anyone know what material the main round tubes of the factory roof rack are made of? I don't think they are steel because a magnet won't stick. They seem a little too strong for plastic. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance
@flyrod40
they are made of alluminium, powder coated alluminium
The ther parts are ABS Plastic

· Registered
13 Posts
They're in the hardware kit.

Re: "about the rubber gaskets that fit between the roof and the rack feet" They didn't come with the PT278-35130-HW hardware kit that I bought. Suggestions? Thanx.

· Admin
31,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Registered
13 Posts
Yes, thank you for the clarification. I've mis-labeled the parts in guestion. They would be the roof rack side rail pads that are in direct contact with the vehicle roof surface. There are 6 of them that have a flat plastic hook mechanism that secures them to the bottom of the feet. Is it a waste of time replacing them? It's hard to tell whether they have become less pliable than when new. Does a part # even exist for these things? I'm trying not to make a career out of installing a roof rack which I would of done without your posts. They are appreciated. Thanx.

· Registered
7,942 Posts
Thanks so much for posting this.

I may have screwed up my install or a Amazon (non-OEM roof rack) as we took those little brackets out 🫥

Any thoughts on potential impact of doing this…? Or should I just bite the bullet and take it all off again and re-do?
When I installed a Prinsu rack on a new FJ that was delivered sans rack, I also questioned the function of the brackets. If nothing else, they spread the load from the 'spools' over a significantly larger area of the roof sheet metal, vs just having the ends of the spools sitting directly on the thin roof sheet metal.

Per the Toyota instructions, I left them in place.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts