Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so there I was, up on top of the FJ, washing all the dirt and grime off the top, leaning on one of the horizontal bars on the roof rack when SNAP!! I broke one of the claws on the loosening/unloosening clamp to move the bars foward or back. :disgust: Yes I know I know, my weight was not distributed properly etc etc. That's not my problem right now.

I need to know what that clamp might be called and/or part numbers for it so that I can order a new clamp. Does anyone know where I could find out that information? Or where I might be able to order it from? Thanks a lot in advance.

Oh and btw, before anyone gets the idea of telling me that I'm too heavy to be up on the bars, just to let you know I weigh much less than what the max weight is for the roof rack bars.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
You'll need to buy a new rail/bar... Ron

Roof rack bars
PT278-35060-CB
PT278-35061-CB

Ok, so there I was, up on top of the FJ, washing all the dirt and grime off the top, leaning on one of the horizontal bars on the roof rack when SNAP!! I broke one of the claws on the loosening/unloosening clamp to move the bars foward or back. :disgust: Yes I know I know, my weight was not distributed properly etc etc. That's not my problem right now.

I need to know what that clamp might be called and/or part numbers for it so that I can order a new clamp. Does anyone know where I could find out that information? Or where I might be able to order it from? Thanks a lot in advance.

Oh and btw, before anyone gets the idea of telling me that I'm too heavy to be up on the bars, just to let you know I weigh much less than what the max weight is for the roof rack bars.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
That's why I hate the factory roof racks, they can't support too much weight, and the end of the bars are plastic.:simmadown:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts