Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if you or anyone else has done this but thought I would throw it out there.

Our factory racks for the FJ didn't pass Yakima and Thule testing due to the crossbars. Can you manufacture those with something that woudl pass using the same type of mounting or even locks? I would so pay for that instead of using YAK or THule.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I mounted 58" crossbars and the basketcase in the middle plus the 44" (I Think) fairing. The noise was pretty bad without it. Did a mount with landing pad #1 and control towers. Made own mounts to adapt to OEM rack holes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am not sure if you or anyone else has done this but thought I would throw it out there.

Our factory racks for the FJ didn't pass Yakima and Thule testing due to the crossbars. Can you manufacture those with something that woudl pass using the same type of mounting or even locks? I would so pay for that instead of using YAK or THule.
No clue if I follow what you are after, but I purchased another set of xbars for my OEM rack as well as a xbar for a 08 LC. I measured and cut off approx 4" of the LC xbar, drilled and tapped (a cheap tap from an auto store will work fine) new holes and it slipped right in the locking collars for the FJ. I forget the exact screw size. You can take the screw to a local Home Depot and find the size so you know what tap and drill bit to use.

The xbar kit for the FJ was like $65 and a SINGLE xbar for the LC was something crazy...like $225. I *****ed to my local dealer about the adjustable roof rack being non adjustable and they gave me the LC xbar.

Again, no clue if thats what you're after but it looks totally stock and gives you a xbar at the very front of the rack.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I mounted 58" crossbars and the basketcase in the middle plus the 44" (I Think) fairing. The noise was pretty bad without it. Did a mount with landing pad #1 and control towers. Made own mounts to adapt to OEM rack holes.
Hey man do you mind sharing how you made your mounts for your yakima racks, cause i wanted to run the same setup as you but idk how or where i can make or buy the custom mounts. please help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts