Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am still new here and I need some advice. I am wanting to get a roof rack for the top of my FJ but I have no clue what I should be looking at. Any help?

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Re: Roof Rcak

If you are looking to load up the rack and stand on top of it Than you should go with ARB. I have the ARB half rack and and it is very beefy. As far as other racks goes I hope others will chime in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I forgot to reply directly to you. What exact type of ARB rack did you get because from what ive looked at there are many different versions. Also would I be able to just put it on immediatly or do I need to buy akit to fit it on the roof?

·
Registered
10,293 Posts

I forgot to reply directly to you. What exact type of ARB rack did you get because from what ive looked at there are many different versions. Also would I be able to just put it on immediatly or do I need to buy akit to fit it on the roof?
You definitely need the expensive ARB fit kit to mount an ARB rack to the FJ.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
66 Posts
2nd vote for the ARB half rack with fit kit. It's really beefy, plus I think a full rack is probably overkill for most people.

Only thing I'd point out is if you wanted to do lights on your rack and be able to aim then straight down in front you'd need a separate light bar or something.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply and the pics! Im going to go with an ARB but I'm just going back and forth with the half or full rack only because I travel a lot for cycling and a lot of the times I have to camp or sleep in the car and I saw that there was a tent thing for the full rack. I just don't know if that's what I need to save money on hotel rooms and making camping more convenient and comftorable.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been looking at racks too. I like the looks of the Gobi stealth but I think it way over priced at $1500, but it's got great lines. So alternatively I'm looking at the Baja low profile with the mesh floor. I'm a photographer so I like the idea of being able to walk around and set up a tripod on top, and I think it $800 and $200 for a ladder. The Baja utility rack looks very practical as well and would be perfect for a roof top tent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts