Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am looking to get a roof tent. I have the standard roof rack, and was wondering if anyone knew a location in Los Angeles CA that sells these? I have looked around and cant find anything in the area. I am just looking for something simple for 1-2 people pop top style.
Thanks,

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
If you go Tepui, which might be your best option for price, simplicity, and quality, you'll find you still pay shipping if a local dealer sells them, plus sales tax. Buy direct and it will cost less including shipping it. At least that's how my local Tepui dealer works. Does me no good except checking out the floor model in person.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went with the kukenam ruggedized xl from tepui. After some extensive research, I decided their pricing was reasonable, but more importantly, they offered a tent that would give me room to stretch out (I'm 6'4"). most rtt's had a width of less than a queen sized bed, and if I was gonna spend this much money on a tent, i was sure as hell gonna be comfortable in it. also, all their reviews are outstanding, their customer service is great, and this tent is awesome. it feels incredibly stable and stout...you can tell that a lot of time was put into getting the details right, and the material is definitely heavy duty.

I'm in SoCal, and just decided to drive up to Santa Cruz to make a vacation outta the pick up...you'll end up spending just a little more on gas than you would on shipping anyway...and there's plenty of great places to camp off the 101 too! I just got back from the oceano dunes, I would highly recommend it this time of year.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1412746105.234908.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts