Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Rosen, works great. However, trying to update the maps from naviextras, the new file doesn't have the "hbs.txt" file that is required. Naviextras tech support say they don't know what that file is, and Rosen tech support hasn't responded. Anyone have this unit, that can copy the file and send it to me via email would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Rosen Tech support takes forever to respond and sometime does not even respond depending on the question. What is the date on your map card? The last update is 2010 Q3, anything purchased remotely recently will already have the most recent maps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am not sure, the manufactured date said 2010 but don't know the exact month. When I purchased and installed it, I went to SC to visit my brother whose home was built 4 years ago, didn't show up on my navigation, I had to use my phones gps to get there.

So I decided to update the maps. The naviextras update updated the maps, but my navigation was having a problem with Ugo8. So naviextras sent me the file with the fix for the ugo8 problem, and said replace what was on my card with the file they sent. The new file was missing the hbs.txt file!

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Catman must be napping. He's the resident Rosen expert. Sure he'll respond, at some point. I've got the Rosen but, to be honest, haven't even seen the Nav screen since I installed. Do the map updates come on DVD or Sd card? Just curious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you can get the maps via DVD, Naviextras sent mine via email attachment, had me upload them to the SD card.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sorry, I tried to read the Nav files on the SD card, but my card reader at work can't handle the newer high speed spec ones - it just causes my copmuter to freeze when I stick it in the reader. I have been meaning to get a new one but I have a bunch of older spec cards so there has been no dire rush - I'll have to try it in one of my notebooks at home and see if it works there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts