Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me the gps coords for the trails? I couldn't make it this year but I'm in Clovis nm and it's not that bad of a drive for me...thanks for the help!

Edit- fat fingered the thread title on the iPad, meant toth!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can someone give me the gps coords for the trails? I couldn't make it this year but I'm in Clovis nm and it's not that bad of a drive for me...thanks for the help!

Edit- fat fingered the thread title on the iPad, meant toth!!
Hey Im in Alamogordo and I have garmin tracks for the following trails (some I did at TOTH, some on my own)

Three Mile/Burnt Canyon aka Valve Stem Ally
Upper Pendleton/Rogers Ruins
Denny Hill/Phone Line
Hang Glider Hill
Parts of Benson Ridge (part of which was on an ATV)

Im not sure if Rogers Ruins and Denny Hill/Phone Line are open all the time or if the TOTH staff got special permission. The first three trails are about an hour away from Alamogordo, there are some closer that we are more familiar with. Benson Ridge/Bluff springs is a pretty easy forest road, although I have not been to the "gravel pit" to play around yet. Hang glider hill is fun, I will warn you it is very "bouncy" as my wife calls it. Have not been down west side road yet either. Coyote Canyon was not listed on the trails list but there are some folks I wheel with who know the trail pretty good (I have not been on it yet). There is also some other misc/smaller trials that where parts of the trail runs we did. All in all its worth the trip down from Clovis (I was there for a year before coming to Alamo). If you want to come down some weekend, there are a few of us with Tacomas/FJs that could show you around/wheel with you. PM me and I'll give you my email/phone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts