Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rough Country 3" Lifts with Spacers -- Install Easy? Do you have any pics of install?

I'm considering the 3" RC lifts, either the 229 or 300 dollar version, but I need some input on the quality and experience had with these lifts.

Also, as far as the installation, I haven't been able to find any install/build pages that show the installation process. How simple is it? Can it be done by me? I know I'll need an alignment after, but I want to do the install myself and want to make sure I know exactly what I'll need to do.

And if possible, can anyone post pictures of how the spacers (front and rear) and shocks all look without the wheels in?

Thanks for helping this noob, and I apologize if I'm repeating a question found here already -- if this is the case and you remember the thread, can you post a link to it?

Thanks!
Anth

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Rough Country 3" Lifts with Spacers -- Install Easy? Do you have any pics of inst

bump

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Re: Rough Country 3" Lifts with Spacers -- Install Easy? Do you have any pics of inst

I have it on mine. I want to put a 6" lift at some point that is why I went this route. I like the kit but if I were going to keep it I would change the front to coil overs. If you are mechanically inclined you will have no problems. The reason you don't see any pics it is because RC put pics of the install in the instruction. They were the best set of instruction I used in a long time.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts

I've personally installed 3 of the 3" Rough Country lifts as well as a few other manufacturers products. The spacer lift with the rear coils is very easy to install (2 hours) front and rear. They hold up quite well on the trail and are very affordable. It doesn't compare to a coil over suspension lift as to ride quality but is a decent bang for your buck if money is tight! Usually just the rear coils from the other leading guys are $200 +. Good luck, hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

I have the same lift installed. Pretty easy to install. I believe there are install threads. You may want to pm rough country and request instructions. The lift holds up well. I will swap out to adjustable coil overs some day.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thank you all for the responses, just what I was looking for.

I appreciate it,
AWS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts